SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Picture of SeattleDude
posted Hide Post
Sized 1000pc of once fired LC 5.56 Brass on my Forster Co-Ax.

Swaged them on my newly bought Dillon Super Swage (Love this little machine)

And my Giraud Tri-Way cutters showed up. So now I am Trimming, Chamfering and Deburing in one step. This cutter is awesome. I would probably spend days prepping brass on my RCBS manual trimmer and on RCBS Prep station.

I didnt mind doing manual way when I am prepping 100 308 cases, but I bought Tri-Way for 308 too and sold my RCBS Trimmer and Prep station to my buddy. He is only loading small batches and its perfect for that.

Posts: 611 | Location: W.WA | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my case feeder system for my Dillon 650 ready to install in my new reloading area. Previous area did not have enough available height to allow case feeder to be installed....I hope to be blowing out 9mm rounds by noon tomorrow....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered a bullet checker. Too many rejects lately.
My darn s&w pro is so picky.
Ordered more bullets.
Marked 500 cases for the next 2 matches.
Gonna load up another k this week.

Posts: 723 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: January 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Finally formed the last of that blackout from the lake city blanks. It's taking a ride in corncob as I write this.

I pulled out the other ~1k I threw in there the other day. Need to trim it. I'll probably leave it all for next weekend and do it all then. Not really in a hurry since I presently have no blackout projectiles in stock.

Need to start thinking about processing my dirty blackout and 223 though. And I still have a full 5 gallon bucket of 223 Lake city that is cleaned, sized, and swaged, but needs trimmed. Then I need to load up what I have left for 223 projectiles (1500) and order more.

Man, I have plenty of winter projects. Good thing it'll be a while yet until the 6.5x47 gets completed... Ugh!

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Trimmed 500 pcs 5.56 brass.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Trimmed a couple hundred blackout and about 100 223. Ran another box of 100 pieces of virgin 6.5x47 lapua over the expander mandrel. 200 down, 300 to go.

Unreal how itchy I am for this damn bolt gun. Still over 5 months to go. Lol

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TightLines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
quote:
Originally posted by TightLines:
Researched and aggressively stalked a Dillon 650.

Again....

Tightlines - I like you was not sure about moving on the XL650 system but I finally did and I am Happy Happy Happy. I received an email today from Brian Enos wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving (I sent another order in this morning for a couple more items)...

Keep in mind that only they(Dillon and Enos) know if there is going to be a price increase effective Jan 1, 2015 for the systems they make and sell.... Not knowing that answer was another "excuse/reason" I used to pull the trigger on my XL650 system two months ago.....Good Luck.....Mark

I know I know. This is all I keep hearing. I really have no need for one as I only shoot 400 - 500 a month MAX. It's just lust. Keeping trying to justify it but just not quite there.

Plan on calling Brian soon to see if there's a planned price increase.

Posts: 102 | Location: United States | Registered: August 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Processed 300pcs of 6.5x47 twice fired brass yesterday/last night. With my ever ending quest to do as little brass prep as possible, trimmed the brass back further than required. Prior to this, I necked back up 10 pcs of 6x47 Lapua brass (17 firings) to 6.5. Cases were short at 1.825 +/- compared to the 1.845 +/- of the twice fired cases. Loaded 10 of the short cases, can't shoot the difference. Trimmed all twice fired cases to 1.830. Plan is to not trim the brass for the life of the barrel. With a match chamber, bumping the shoulders .001-.0015, don't see the brass growing where I need to trim it again.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finished with the set up of my complete XL650 system (added Casefeeder). Loaded up the hopper and spit out 200rds of 9mm - WOW what a difference having a casefeeder makes. Beats the heck out of loading 18-20rds in the feeder tube...

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
Processed 300pcs of 6.5x47 twice fired brass yesterday/last night. With my ever ending quest to do as little brass prep as possible, trimmed the brass back further than required. Prior to this, I necked back up 10 pcs of 6x47 Lapua brass (17 firings) to 6.5. Cases were short at 1.825 +/- compared to the 1.845 +/- of the twice fired cases. Loaded 10 of the short cases, can't shoot the difference. Trimmed all twice fired cases to 1.830. Plan is to not trim the brass for the life of the barrel. With a match chamber, bumping the shoulders .001-.0015, don't see the brass growing where I need to trim it again.

What are you using to trim your brass? I had really wanted to use a Giraud tri-way, but they don't make one in that caliber. I don't own a manual trimmer, and was hoping not to buy one.. Hoping you have a good idea for me....

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
Deprimed 40 pieces of brass a friend gave me. Did it quick cause I was supposed to be doing thanksgiving cleaning before folks start showing up! Shhhhhhh

Holy crap, dude. You really need to do something about the size of your avatar photo. 60x60 is what it's supposed to be. Yours is this:

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
decapped, sized, cleaned, primed 164 pieces of 9mm.

First time using Tula primers, figured range fodder was the best place to test them. Only issue I had was, ironically, with a piece of Tulammo brass, I think the primer sat way too deep.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
decapped, sized, cleaned, primed 164 pieces of 9mm.

First time using Tula primers, figured range fodder was the best place to test them. Only issue I had was, ironically, with a piece of Tulammo brass, I think the primer sat way too deep.

I like Tula primers. I use them for small pistol, large pistol, and AR primers. Haven't had really any issues to speak of, especially given the price ($23.50/k at PVI).

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Good to know.

How long do you guys tumble? I usually just go around an hour and it cleans most brass but now with the MP5 and its flute stains, they don't come out. But they look cool so maybe I won't care.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Cleaned, deprimed/sized 1000+ 9mm cases. Received 1000 LC 5.56.

Bill, I usually vibrate clean brass for 3-4 hours.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Today I trimmed ~100 pieces of 223 and ~150 pieces of blackout.

Trimming is my most despised part of case prep, even with the tri-way. Ugh.

Also unpacked the 4500 147gr 9mm xtremes that showed up on my porch this afternoon. The other 500 are 2 days behind? But were all shipped together? Come on, UPS.. Get your shit together! LOL

I also organized my reloading room a bit more, since things were sort of randomly just put on shelves when we moved. Took inventory of my primers and bullets. All good on handgun everything, though I suppose I could use a bit more 9mm brass. I'm under 10k AR primers, so I should probably think about ordering a bunch of those, too.

And I need .223 and 300blk bullets. The 500 245gr coated cast I ordered from MO Bullet Co aren't here yet, but the only shipped Monday via USPS, so I'm not going to fret just yet. Probably show up tomorrow or Monday. Then I need to do load development for them and make sure my rifle likes them before I stock up.

Bill, to answer your question about tumbling:

Stainless, I do 3.5-4 hours.

Corn cob, I throw it in and then when I come back, I come back. Sometimes it's a few hours, or in this latest instance, I've had a tumbler FULL of blackout (probably 7-800 pieces?) running since maybe Sunday. It doesn't hurt it at all. It'll just be super shiny. Smile

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I have seen your brass. You can shave in it.

Ok, I guess I will let it go longer.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
Yeah, I have seen your brass. You can shave in it.

Ok, I guess I will let it go longer.

Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Received my two orders from X-Treme - combined the 124gr-9mm rounds (with matching production lots I combine two-500rd boxes into one-1000rd box) to save storage space. Do the same with the .223 - 55gr rds now that X-Treme is shipping these rounds in a larger size box than before. Great packing by those folks - No busted or damaged boxes.

Also received my latest order from Brian Enos - Another powder check system for my XL650 and a second media separator....Reloading weekend planned....Mark

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:

What are you using to trim your brass? I had really wanted to use a Giraud tri-way, but they don't make one in that caliber. I don't own a manual trimmer, and was hoping not to buy one.. Hoping you have a good idea for me....

Wilson trimmer, it's slow!

Gunsmith Clark Fay, husband of world class Palma/F-Class shooter Trudy Fay gave me the idea of trimming .015 or so further back then needed. I was in his shop in Raton, asked about their brass prep. It was interesting to learn how little brass prep they do, I'm going that direction.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: offgrid,

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post