SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Just watched a video on that Coax, wow its nice.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
Just watched a video on that Coax, wow its nice.

The Coax is a pretty slick press. Bolted it down and set it up this morning, what a breeze. Sized a bunch of .223 brass to break it in. I'll do some seating over the weekend.

I have been seating my precision rounds with Wilson hand dies and a K&M press. I've been having an issue with the Wilsons in .223 that I needed to resolve. Add to that I'm thinking of adding another precision caliber. Glad I took the plunge.

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I think my favorite thing about the coax is the priming system. Always the same depth, every time, impossible to screw up.

Don't get me wrong - the rest of it is awesome too. It's just really nice note having to resort to buying a hand primer. Priming on my 550 was always so finicky for precision stuff..

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Honestly, I think my favorite thing about the coax is the priming system. Always the same depth, every time, impossible to screw up.

Don't get me wrong - the rest of it is awesome too. It's just really nice note having to resort to buying a hand primer. Priming on my 550 was always so finicky for precision stuff..

I didn't set up the priming system. I've always use a Sinclair hand primer. If it works as good as your saying perhaps I should. Could leave the hand primer set up for large and the press set up for small. Thanks for the tip !

I've had my 550 shove a primer in sideways. Didn't feel any different Wink

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dryw13:
Crayola really needs to up their quality control...

All blues, really.

Those are soooo cool! I want to do that. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Got up early to go squirrel hunting, but the fog was so thick I couldn't see the back end of my yard.

Went downstairs, pulled the handle on the 650 a few hundred times for some subsonic 9, threw some 6.5 in the stainless tumbler. Need to finish sorting some brass, get that into corn cob, and deal with some other odds-n-ends. Need 200 rounds of 6.5 by Thursday night for a class next weekend.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Tried the evening shift of squirrel hunting, it was a bust. Threw another batch of 6.5 in the tumbler, gonna go yank on the old 650 handle another few hundred times.

posted Hide Post
Finished loading 1000 .45 rounds

Posts: 429 | Location: Chester VA. | Registered: January 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Got up, had a cup of coffee. Watched 4 squirrels out patio door running up the pine tree. Loaded 100rds of .38spl. Also a dozen assorted .308 rounds to chrony the next few days. Polished, sized and reprimed 100 .308 brass for sons' sporters. Day before yesterday with great trepidation went to a public range to shoot a load test using 2000MR, another for a son's .308, and played with the "precision" AR. Found out it isnt so precision. Watched more squirrels in the evening while sorting brass.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by dryw13:
Crayola really needs to up their quality control...

All blues, really.

Those are soooo cool! I want to do that. Big Grin

I know some guys on here make their own but so far I am a happy customer...
http://www.thebluebullets.com/

Posts: 239 | Location: The Great Salt Lake | Registered: November 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Got up, had a cup of coffee. Watched 4 squirrels out patio door running up the pine tree. Loaded 100rds of .38spl. Also a dozen assorted .308 rounds to chrony the next few days. Polished, sized and reprimed 100 .308 brass for sons' sporters. Day before yesterday with great trepidation went to a public range to shoot a load test using 2000MR, another for a son's .308, and played with the "precision" AR. Found out it isnt so precision. Watched more squirrels in the evening while sorting brass.

Pipe down, you... Lol

In the past few days, I've sized, polished, & primed 500 6.5 cases. Charged 200 earlier, need to seat still. Leaving tomorrow morning for class.

posted Hide Post
Hand Primed with my trusty old Lee hand primer the 1000rds of 300 blackout brass I received last week from The Brass Depot in CA. Of the 1k I had slightly over 80 rds that required a little grooming on the primer pocket with my trimmer because the primer would not go in....Not complaining - all the brass is once fired, reprocessed LC brass converted to 300.

I choose to hand prime so that when I get my loads figured out (crony and function testing)I can fire up the Dillon 650 and load up some rounds. I H-A-T-E it when I am loading on the 650 and a primer will not go into a primer pocket because I or someone did not swage it enough. This process eliminates that variable for my first loads.

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
I assembled a Lee Reloading Stand, mounted my press on it and started cutting out some nice oak to add on top for some extra space. Just getting started in this new hobby!

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally finished setting up the 550B I bought in July and ran my first batch of 40 through it yesterday.

I think this will be a little quicker than the Rock Chucker.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Loaded up some test rounds of 110 Barnes Tac-Tx using Lil Gun. Now between thus load and the 150gr FMJ I've got a lot of testing to be done. Just wish I had a chronograph to use with it.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been tumbling 45 colt and ACP cases for a week straight now, still got a few hundred cases to tumble before I get through this summers spent cases, sigh. The most frustrating part is that I broke the depriming pins on both my 45 colt and 45 ACP dies, and they seem to be b%%ch to get out and replaced. Oh, and the noice the tumbler is making is slowly but surely driving me mad. Rant over.

Posts: 414 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden. | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nilsjohan:
I've been tumbling 45 colt and ACP cases for a week straight now, still got a few hundred cases to tumble before I get through this summers spent cases, sigh. The most frustrating part is that I broke the depriming pins on both my 45 colt and 45 ACP dies, and they seem to be b%%ch to get out and replaced. Oh, and the noice the tumbler is making is slowly but surely driving me mad. Rant over.

That's why I decap EVERYTHING on a little $30 Lee Reloder press, using a Lee Universal Decapping die.

It's damn near impossible to break that thing. And if you do, replacement pins a VERY easy to put in, and cost like $4.

Try it, you'll like it.

It also keeps your main press free & clear of all the debris that depriming leaves all over the place.

Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
I smelted 88 Lbs of linotype lead into nice bright shinny little ingots. I plan on blending some of them with wheel weights and start casting them into bullets for hand guns this weekend.

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Chamfered 100 pieces of 6.5.

Then I charged them.

Then I realized I forgot to prime them.

Mad

Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
Fished out a Hit Factory plastic ball from the bottomless hole under my shell plate. Long story but finally got it out. Never knew the Dillon 650 has so many parts.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post