SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I cast up a bunch of 45 cal 230 grain bullets yesterday,weighed them this a/m and it was 36 lbs.
Should last me a while,now comes the work with powder coating.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Casefeeder install on the 650. I loaded a couple hundred for load development but it was obnoxious keeping the brass feed tube full 15 at a time. I knew it would be, but I underestimated how annoying. Next is a thrust washer for the shell plate and spent primer collection tube. THAT is really annoying.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I just finished up loading 20 boxes of 12 gauge 7/8 ounce Cowboy Action shot shell loads...this took a couple of days of reloading on my 30+ year old MEC 600 Jr. (anybody who has used one will understand Wink)...this will more than likely get me through the year.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loaded up 100 powder coated .45 Colt 255 swc bullets. I am loving shooting them. No leading, no mess, no black gunk over everything.

Posts: 32 | Registered: August 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Case prep for a few hundred rounds of 357 SIG. Trim, chamfer and deburr. One down, few more full coffee cans of cases to go!

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Perry:
Case prep for a few hundred rounds of 357 SIG. Trim, chamfer and deburr. One down, few more full coffee cans of cases to go!

I have never trimmed a pistol casing. I always wondered if you had to trim .357 Sig.

Posts: 32 | Registered: August 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm experimenting with Hi-Tech coated cast bullets in the SIG round, loaded long for use in my SIG 1911. Using 10mm mags, the 1911 action allows me an overall length much greater than normal, 1.260 versus the normal 1.140 for "short action" pistols. This greater OAL allows me to use the full range of 9mm bullets available, without the restrictions that normally apply to the SIG round. I'm using a Lyman M-Die expander. The M-Die works great, so long as brass is trimmed to a consistent length.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally got enough inspiration to get me going after a long hiatus. Started case prep on a few thousand .45 ACP cases, got a buddy that works at a school which has a big sonic cleaner that will clean them for me. My tumbler broke down which led me to my hiatus. Feels good to be back in the game, although I hade some how managed to forget how tedious case prep really is...

Posts: 414 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden. | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mossyoak1
posted Hide Post
Setup my LNL for 380 because I went to the store and shit myself when I saw the price of them little bastards.

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 471 | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
^
That is why I quit loading them about ten years back Wink

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Ok not today...but yesterday I ordered a MEC Marksman single stage.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1362 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DEC505
posted Hide Post
Does sorting 5- 5 gallon buckets of wheel weights count ?? I'm whipped those things start to get heavy after a while.

Hell has no fury like a liberal
confronted with reality

Posts: 814 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loaded a thousand 9mm steel challenge rounds today and I'll case gauge it all later tonight. Thankfully the 650 makes pretty quick work of it.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Received some 145gr 9mm HiTek coated bullets from Summer Enterprises. Loaded several to test out and then chrononed them through the Glock and CZ.

A little more tweaking and then load up a few hundred.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Mounted my new press on my reloading cart. That's right... I don't have a bench, I have a cart. When the kids move out I may have a bench INSIDE. Until then...it's too fricken' humid in FL to spend that much time in the garage.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1362 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Riley

After my NRA donation it's timey to go to the bunker and Reload some HiTek coated bullets - 45 LC and 357 Mag's

Love to hear how the 145gr 9mm HiTek work out for Riley !! Hey Hey Ho Ho.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Tweaked my RCBS Green Machine for a run of .38 special.

Wonderful machine... mine works Smile

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put my Square Deal back together after i got it back from Dillon for a $67.95 service. This machine is probably one of the originals now its like new. Nice work Dillon

"the soul of a dog is pure"

Posts: 265 | Location: VA | Registered: June 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
20 rounds of 22 Nosler on the Rockchucker for testing and 200 rounds of 9mm on the 550.

Posts: 9 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: May 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIC.45:
Mounted my new press on my reloading cart. That's right... I don't have a bench, I have a cart. When the kids move out I may have a bench INSIDE. Until then...it's too fricken' humid in FL to spend that much time in the garage.
Rick

+1 on the cart. Loving the mobility !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post