SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Chasing Bugholes
Picture of jelrod1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jlemmy:
Unboxed my Scott Parker scale that came yesterday. Will setup and try it out tomorrow Wink

Hope you enjoy. I sure like mine.

Posts: 1771 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
I live in North central Wisconsin, about 5 or so hours' drive north of Chicago.

You north of Stevens Point?

Nils: EXX lives in a estate with more bars and taverns per capita than any of the other of the 49 (or 57 according to some politicians) states.

RMD

I'm about 30 minutes WNW of point.

That's a pretty random spot for you to know.. ?? Lol

You talking about his Stevens Point? Wink

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I continued my component stocking run by picking up 2k large pistol and 1k small pistol primers at the LGS. I've already got plenty of pistol powder (8 lb of bullseye) to last me through many thousands of rounds, so now my focus is on bullets and primers.

Also, on Friday, I received my small late rate boxes of 750x 125gr RN 9mm and 230gr RNFP 45acp bullets from The Blue Bullets. Poly coated bullets that a fellow shooter I know has had great luck with. They were cheap enough, and my next run is likely to be ordering some quantity from Bayou.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
I live in North central Wisconsin, about 5 or so hours' drive north of Chicago.

You north of Stevens Point?

Nils: EXX lives in a estate with more bars and taverns per capita than any of the other of the 49 (or 57 according to some politicians) states.

RMD

I'm about 30 minutes WNW of point.

That's a pretty random spot for you to know.. ?? Lol

You talking about his Stevens Point? Wink

Yup. Uwsp, that's the one.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Had dinner, watched a little TV, finished these up.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jelrod1:
quote:
Unboxed my Scott Parker scale that came yesterday. Will setup and try it out tomorrow Wink

Hope you enjoy. I sure like mine.

Set it all up this morning to see how everything was going to come together. I'm thinking I like the new setup. The only thing I've hated about beam scales was all the bending down. This setup with the webcam should have my back and knees thanking me. Here is a shot of the charge weighing setup and a screen grab from the webcam.

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chasing Bugholes
Picture of jelrod1
posted Hide Post
Hey that looks like my setup. Even the same computer! I do have the smaller scale though. For extended sessions I do like the webcam setup. Keeps the eye strain down.

Posts: 1771 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Ordered 250 pcs. of Grendel brass. Now I just need to have a shoot off between the 6.5mm A-Max and Scenar. It's just too damn cold to go to the range Frown

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's just too damn cold to go to the range Frown

A problem I am familiar with!

I just grabbed my phone. Weather.com says -4, feels like -23.

Ugh.

C'mon, March!!

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Its a chilly 55F in LA this morning. High of 63. Might walk down to the ice rink in El Segundo and skate a bit for the hockey tourney on Lake Nokomis next week.

UPS dude delivering my Lapua brass and SMKs today. Might put together some new drop charts this afternoon.

Wife says its -9F at home. Big Grin

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
15 degrees in L.A. this morning. Briefly had visions of going to the range to shoot some short OCW runs. Wind chill number convinced me not to do this.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue68f100
posted Hide Post
Scored 3 lbs of WST at 23.95 from the LGS this morning. Smile Smile

David

P229R 9mm, Nitron, Beavertail Frame, Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT & Short Reach Trigger

Posts: 3464 | Location: Piney Woods of East Texas | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue68f100:
Scored 3 lbs of WST at 23.95 from the LGS this morning. Smile Smile

That makes me very happy to hear. I wish everyone here could get all the pistol powder they want. Then we'd know it's finally over.

posted Hide Post
I liberated a pound of HS-6 and 231 from a local Farm and Fleet store that started stocking guns and reloading equipment a year ago.

Can't remember the last time I've seen either in a store around me.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oldseabag860
posted Hide Post
quote:
I decapped 1k once-fired Lake City 5.56 that just got here and threw a few handfuls in the stainless Tumbler.

Tomorrow 1250 large primer 45 ACP are due to arrive, followed by 2k once fired M200 and 2k SAW brass.
Tried my new tumbler a Frankford arsenal cleaned and polished 100 colt45's and about 300 9mm cases. It works great saves me a lot of time
prepping is the longest step in reloading, at least for me
Standard trigger and SRT kit for the 227 showed up today. Tomorrow the Wheeler brass punches arrive, and so do 2# of 1680 and 500 69 gr SMKs.

Also ordered 1k 125 gr SMK seconds from PVI today.

Needed something to keep me busy until this frozen tundra thaws back out. Smile

So what did YOU do today in reloading-land?

"NO TWENTY TWO FOR YOU"

Posts: 269 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: January 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Went by a semi-local cast bullet shop today that also sells reloading supplies. I was hopping for some powder, and while they had reasonable selection, including 8# jugs of CFE-223 and AR-COMP, at $200 each (+tax), they got to keep them. No WSF, which I've been keeping an eye out for, thankfully, I've got about 1.5# left of that plus about 1500 loaded cases of 9mm, so that should keep for a little while more. Being impatient does nothing but cost me money.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loaded my first attempt of .243 Winchester for my Ruger American rifle. Used Hornady V-Max 58gr bullets with 43 grains of CFE-223. It's one of the few rifle powders I have and the Hodgdon site matched it up for that bullet. The brass is once-fired through this rifle so I neck sized them and trimmed to 2.035. Hopefully I can test them out this weekend.

Posts: 103 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Sorted and prepped 32 years worth of .38 Special and .357 Magnum cases. It worked out to be a whopping 1216. Roll Eyes Set up the press to load the 38's, and found some old 125gr XTPs to throw together with some Clays. My first revolver reloads in probably 25 years. Woot!!

Last night loaded up some Berger 175OTMs (thanks again 280) for a OCW test here soon. Also some 175SMKs for same in the son's Savage. Oh yea... Got another batch test for me using the Varget in lieu of the RE15. Now I just need to get to a range or get North.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: entropy,

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mississippi Dave
posted Hide Post
Rather than watch the State of the Union Address last night, I reloaded more than enough .45 ammo for the up coming steel match. Also threw a lot of 9 mm brass in the tumbler for cleaning. I have way too much clean brass waiting to be loaded in several calibers.

Views and opinions I express are not those of my employer or any of their customers.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central Mississippi | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
I cranked out 200 rounds of subsonic .300BLK on the trusty 550

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post