SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
420 rounds of .300BLK subs loaded, strippered up and on the shelf!

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post

The factory round is on the right. The factory loading is PPU 45acp 185gr. SJHP. I loaded 199 185gr. SJHP component bullets on top of 6.2 gr. of Green Dot. I set my handloads to mimic the factory average length at 1.215 inches.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Today was case prep day.

1000 pieces of rifle brass initial tumble, sized and decapped and now ready for stainless pin tumble.

I also loaded up another hundred rounds of .300BLK too.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today was 45LC day. Only ran off a couple hundred, but will be back at it tomorrow(likely).

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loaded 750 rounds of 9mm practice ammo tonight. I also refilled 7 primer tubes for tomorrow's loading session.
This is the new bullets that I was trying out. It is SNS Casting 125 grain conical bullets. Very good price and fast shipping.
They shoot very good out of our Glocks.
Not used to being low on loaded practice ammo. I had to pull the lever to finish loading magazines this morning. Not a very good spot to be in.

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished 100 rounds of various handloads for the 6.5-06; now setting up the Dillon 550 for .357 SIG.

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
I tore the 550 down yesterday for a good cleaning after case prep/lube cycle. I also added my tool mount finally for my Dillon wrench/allen set. I must confess it was nice to have it there as I was removing and cleaning pieces.

Picture of mossyoak1
posted Hide Post
Tumbled, tumbled, tumbled.. about 4k 9mm

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 471 | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my new Mr.Bulletfeeder hooked up to my 650... will fire it up tomorrow!

Posts: 102 | Registered: June 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
500 rounds of .45ACP in the can!

Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Bought a Sartorius ENTRIS 64-1S scale to replace a gem pro. Pulled 50 6mm bra, found that all were lite by .07 to 1.5 grains ....
I'm very impressed by this scale.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mossyoak1
posted Hide Post
loaded 100 20ga on the 9000

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 471 | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Unboxed my reloading gear from the big pile of boxes the movers left in the garage. Now I gotta figure out the best way to stow all the other gear we have and how to squeeze a car in the garage...
And then, I can figure out how big of a bench I can make and set up my gear again.

Ohh the joys of moving

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
20 rounds of 338 Win Mag. 250 Nosler partitions. Each load hand weighed. I wish I could get one hole outta them.....

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Loaded 500 .45 Colt for CAS and ran into something I haven't seen in forever...balloon head cases...apparently they were mixed in with a couple hundred of once fired Rem-UMC .45 Colt brass I bought a few years back. I ended up loading a half dozen and noticed that something "just didn't look right" when boxing them up (no extraction groove)...sorted nine more out of my cleaned brass...
I know it's been years since these cases were manufactured Smile

Crappy pics...
VVVVV Balloon head on the left VVVV

VVVV Balloon head case on the right VVVV

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool. I've never found a balloon head pistol case of any type. (of course I don't find a lot of old pistol brass in the applicable vintage calibers) Smile

I have run across 100 year old 45 ACP brass, pulled it out of my Dillon because it looked odd, only to read the headstamp and be shocked.

I just coated some more 500gr .512"s I'll load them tonight and test tomorrow.

If there's time I'll also load some heavy 45 colt to warm up with.
Perhaps some 300/221 or 308 if everything else goes fast. Fall is coming and I need to start getting things in order for sitting in the woods pretending I'm hunting season.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, I installed an Inline fabrication's flush mount system in my new workbench. I set the two RCBS RCII I have on the plates and set the RCBS trimmer on another plate. I had a vise laying around and mounted it on a blank plate....

I gotta find a place to shoot, think I'm gonna join the club in Temple.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I weighed primers all day ....

Long range bench rest.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
What did you learn? ie how great were the variations? and naturally what make of primers?
Just curious.

Posts: 2400 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Found my 243 brass in an ammo can that was mislabled when we moved....

reloaded 50 rounds of precision 243..95g SMK over 43.7 Hybrid 100V.