SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
Sorted through a large flat rate box full of 45 to separate out the small primer brass. Whoever thought small primers in .45 ACP was a good idea needs to be throat punched.....then hit in the nuts for good measure.

And then hung by their toenails while being beaten with a switch.

Yep. I'm about a 1/4 of the way thru a 5 gallon bucket of .45acp. This is painful.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Worked on my app today.

v1.3 has been in alpha for several days with no complaints from users thus far, so I decided to start on v2.0.

What can I say, my development cycle is a little more accelerated than the bigger software shops. Smile

I've got most of it coded, just need to finish up the load details display page, and write the interface between the details and the edit.

I also plan to add delete buttons to everything, since apparently setting quantity to 0 wasn't intuitive enough for some people. Wink

Hoping to have it released to alpha tonight, but it's already pretty late. Either way, could have it publicly available as soon as this weekend. We'll see what happens.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Well, alpha tonight isn't going to happen.

I got all the delete buttons finished, and all the load details and the interface for details and edit and all that.

Tomorrow I need to code it so when you add 100 rounds of a particular load you have defined, it deducts 100 of the specified primers, and 100 pieces of the specified brass, and 100 of the specified bullets, and 100 * the powder quantity.

That should be fun.

After that, it's testing, testing, testing. Then Alpha release. Then I'll screw around with it for the rest of the week (and hopefully so will my testers), and maybe have it ready for release this weekend.

Here's hoping you guys enjoy it!

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
While in the midst of cleaning and organizing the bench at bit, I found another set of .38/.357 dies. These have been set up to load magnums as opposed to the other set which is dialed in for the Specials. This is a good thing as I had "getting another set of .38/.357 dies" on my short list. When the hell did I get these?

Its been a loooong year for numerous reasons.

Exx:

Not only did I find the dies, I also found that jar of pepperoncinis you gave me at the fall shoot...still sealed and in the back of the fridge. Yummm....!

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
While in the midst of cleaning and organizing the bench at bit, I found another set of .38/.357 dies. These have been set up to load magnums as opposed to the other set which is dialed in for the Specials. This is a good thing as I had "getting another set of .38/.357 dies" on my short list. When the hell did I get these?

Its been a loooong year for numerous reasons.

Exx:

Not only did I find the dies, I also found that jar of pepperoncinis you gave me at the fall shoot...still sealed and in the back of the fridge. Yummm....!

I would have given you that jar of pickled habaneros, too. To date, you're the only one that's tried one of them! Big Grin

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Hopefully by March, my mouth will stop burning.

THOSE were good. I just need to be in the right frame of mind (and NOT have a 4 hour truck ride ahead of me) to enjoy them!

"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
What the OP left out in his little survey was the number of years the responder has been reloading.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
What the OP left out in his little survey was the number of years the responder has been reloading.

Guessing you replied to the wrong thread.. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Finished prepping the last of my 40 cal brass and then loaded 1,200 rounds of it.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered 1000 pieces of Team Never Quit (Marcus Luttrell) .45 ACP.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Released Reloader's Inventory into the wild today.

Spent the day on various forums and FB groups promoting it and answering questions.

#1 question so far? "Is it available for iPhone?" Ugh.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Spent the day on various forums and FB groups promoting it and answering questions.

Tell me more about the app, please.

Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Starting to do some restocking. Have some primers and brass on the way. For those who may be interested, Sinclair is having a pretty good sale on Lapua brass.

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:

Tell me more about the app, please.

Keeps track of primer, powder, brass, and ammo inventory. Tracks lot number, part number, manufacturer, quantity, times fires (brass), and many other things.

Once you enter your component inventory, then you define your load data. "This brass, this primer, this powder, this much powder, this bullet, this OAL", as well as notes and quantity. Then when you reload, say you reload 100 rounds, you change the quantity on the load, and it automatically deducts the appropriate amount of powder from your inventory, as well as 100 pieces of brass, 100 bullets, and 100 primers.

Next version is already in development, and will include rimfire ammo and shotgun ammo/components, as well as more ways to display your inventory.

New feature requests from users are welcome, and if enough requests are made for a particular feature, it's added to the release.

Regular price will be $6.99, but it's on sale for an introductory price of $4.99 until 11:59PM tomorrow (1/1) night, Central time.

Presently only available for Andoroid.

Get it here: https://play.google.com/store/...s.reloadersinventory

Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Unpackaged all the Whidden bullet pointing stuff. Placed an order for an A&D FX-120i. These will be the two changes I'm going to make to the process.

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loaded another 1300 rounds of 40 cal.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Processed 100pcs of Dasher brass this AM. Shooting a LR steel match with fritz and Alpine on Saturday.

Usually dry the brass with a heat gun. Got a fire going, why not let the fireplace dry it? Worked great.

Hmmmm. Oak in the fireplace now. Also have some Ash and Pine. Maybe should dry a batch of brass with those, see which has the lower ES! Big Grin

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
...."but ashwood wet and ashwwood dry, a shooter shall dry his rifle brass by"...

Isnt that how the poem goes???

Lol

Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
Made some shotshells for one of my 45 ACP revolvers.

308 brass cut and trimmed to 1.600", expanded at the mouth with a 40 S&W expander, a slightly cut down .410 wad and .53oz of #12 shot.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Very small birds? Big Grin