SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Ugh. My fingers hurt.

Finished trim/chamfer/debur the rest of my newly minted blackout brass.

Sized ~750 pieces of Lake City for the .223 rifles.

Still have to load up at least 40 .308 and 250 .45 ACP for a range trip tomorrow.

Not sure if my trigger finger is up to the task of using a trigger. Should be interesting.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Loaded 40 .223 55gr SP rounds and 6 308 loads to test.

Took as long as Christy's mom and sister were here. Big Grin

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Sized another ~500 pieces of Lake City .223. Only about 4" in the bottom of a 5-gallon bucket left to go.

Never made it to the range today. Trigger finger has blisters on it from all the trim/chamfer/debur lately, even though I started wearing leather gloves yesterday.

That's a big reason why I do all this crap in the off-season. Big Grin

Maybe next weekend I'll be able to go to the range.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Been a few days since I've posted in here. Let's see..

Finished sizing all my .223 LC, stainless tumbled 200 pieces of 30-30 I got the other day. Reloaded and fired 300 rounds of 45ACP today (it's in the stainless tumbler right now), about to start sizing the 30-30 (I like to store my rifle brass sized and polished, so it's ready to go when I want to load).

Googled what 32 Winchester Special was because there were two pieces of it in the 30-30 that I got.

Spent quite a bit of time organizing a suppressor group buy and working with the SOT to get it all put together. Order will be placed next Friday, everything eFiled. With any luck, maybe June/July I'll have all my cans. All 5 of them. Mu-ha-ha!

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Found a bag of ~750 pieces of LC that I had stainless tumbled and dried and then brought downstairs but never dumped into the bucket. Swaged them all, then sized some.

Sent Dillon an email about the crimp die from my 45 ACP set. Apparently it's not supposed to shave the cases and leave little brass hairs all over the place. My 9 and 40S&W dies don't do that, but this 45 ACP brass I have is pretty beat up, unknown range pickup, etc etc. Finally got tired of cleaning the mess, googled for it, and apparently there was some known issue last summer about the time I bought the dies. Who knew? I'm sure they'll send me a replacement soon.

Not that worried about it, I'm still sizing LC. Then it's on to trim/chamfer/debur. Then after that, maybe I'll start working on the 2k M200 that are waiting to be turned into 300BLK.

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
What are you going to do with several k of 300blk brass?

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Load it all, and then spend the summer shooting instead of reloading. Smile

Cans are getting ordered Friday, so something tells me I'll be using them a LOT until the newness wears off. Smile

Optical Delusion
Picture of BNW
posted Hide Post
Just finished 500 rounds 9mm- 124 Berry's rntp, 4.3 grs IMR PB. Changed over to 30 carbine and will do 200 Speer 110 HP 15.0 H110 for the Blackhawk. This the first loads with PB, picked up 2 cans at Cabelas last week.

Posts: 2092 | Location: Maine | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Well the sun is out and a might cold,my casting equipment in on an open patio and I am about to fire up the lead pot.
I need about fifty pounds of forty cal 175 grain bullets.
Last of the 40 brass has been tumbling for hours now .

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
Found 2 Lbs of HP38 today and 1 Lb each of Power Pistol and WSF. I am a happy man. Good prices and no hazmat fees!

_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Got an email from Dillon CS that my replacement 45 ACP crimp die is on the way, no charge.

Other than that, nothing notday. Studying for an exam tomorrow.

Yesterday I picked up 1k of Remington Large Pistol Primers ($30 - a little high for my taste, but I need them), and a jug of Lyman green corn cob media.

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Received 250 62gr Fusion 223 bullets today, they looked good, a couple little pull marks here and there but nothing nasty.

Got 380 dies coming too so I can feed my daughter's Beretta.

Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Been trimming and prepping .308 brass on and off the past 2 weeks, will probably do a little more tonight.

Also found some H335 in stock online today so I bought 5 lbs of it. I will use it for my Hornady 150 grain spire point loads that I hunt with in the SCAR 17.

The 4064 I was using produced good accuracy with the 150 grain bullets, but the case was too full to get the higher charge/velocity I was aiming for. I’m also looking forward to having the H335 meter better than the 4064 which required I hand trickle pretty much every one.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Made a few boxes of my latest iteration of Sporting Clays 20 Gauge loads with reclaimed shot.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Loaded dummy 380 rounds with 90gr XTP, 100gr FMJ, and 115gr plated. The Beretta doesn't seem to mind the 115, will have to make sure there is enough room for the powder and find a good load.

Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Finally mounted the press and set up the Warner Die . Sized me some brass Big Grin

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Sliced my finger attempting to hold a 45 colt case in the rcbs hand primer...who knew the rim on hornady case is so svelte it doesn't like to stay in the primer? After that I only loaded some test loads of 300 gr XTP's over some 296 to see how they work.

Posts: 248 | Location: MN | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Received a bag of WT12 wads through my passenger window while sitting at a stoplight today.

How?

My buddy brought them in and I missed him going to lunch. I ended up next to him at a stoplight about 2mi from work and he showed me the bag so I acted like I was ready to catch them and he motioned for me to roll down my window. I did and he chucked them right through into my hands.

Big Grin

Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
^^ Now that is a friend!

_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DEC505
posted Hide Post
Spent two hours trying to find a .223 case length gauge and cutter I bought last week.

Have tore apart my truck,scavenged thru garbage can,opened every bin on bench and still no luck finding it.

I will find it this weekend,AFTER, I pick up a new one tomorrow.

Hell has no fury like a liberal
confronted with reality

Posts: 814 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post