SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Picture of bmo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
Originally posted by bmo:
Yesterday I derimmed some .22lr brass in preparation for some swaging into .224 bullets. Though I'm still waiting on the final die in my set so that's about all I can do for now.

Interesting.. I would really like to hear more about that process, including pictures, costs, and accuracy. If you wouldn't mind writing up a thread on it, I'm sure there are others that would like to know, too.

Definitely, I plan to. It may be a couple months yet as the final point forming die takes the most work to assemble I'm told. Start saving your .22lr brass is my first piece of advice Smile

Posts: 2653 | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Packing up stuff for a range trip with my oldest son, then set up the 550 for another run of .223 for the AR's. Reloading will resume now that all the holiday stuff is over. USPS brought me two sets of Ameriglo Hackatorn sight sets and 5 G19 mags. Plenty to do to get ready for spring pistol matches, Vortex Razor RDS will go on the M&P 9 CORE for steel and some trigger parts in a couple of other M&P's. Still waiting on the return of a stock for the .308. Today is the last good one for shooting for the next several snow days coming. I am also shooting some 46 gr, HP rimfire swaged bullets today in a 1-9 16" AR. We'll see how the load works. Cheers gents Smile

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yesterday I derimmed some .22lr brass in preparation for some swaging into .224 bullets. Though I'm still waiting on the final die in my set so that's about all I can do for now.

Interesting.. I would really like to hear more about that process, including pictures, costs, and accuracy. If you wouldn't mind writing up a thread on it, I'm sure there are others that would like to know, too.

Definitely, I plan to. It may be a couple months yet as the final point forming die takes the most work to assemble I'm told. Start saving your .22lr brass is my first piece of advice Smile

No need. The local range is so covered with it that you'd swear it was the yellow brick road. LOL

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bmo
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No need. The local range is so covered with it that you'd swear it was the yellow brick road. LOL

I need to find a range like that. At my indoor range I get funny looks sometimes when I sweep up brass haha.

Posts: 2653 | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
I need to find a range like that. At my indoor range I get funny looks sometimes when I sweep up brass haha.

At our indoor range, all brass that's behind the red line is fair game to anyone and everyone.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Today I ran three cycles of AR brass through the stainless tumbler, and decapped ~1250 pieces of 45ACP.

I put away 500 69gr SMKs and 2# of 1680 that UPS was nice enough to deliver today.

I also installed a standard trigger and an SRT kit into my 227. Niiiiiiiiice. Range trip tomorrow.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Had amazon gift cards so I ordered a Lyman case prep center, 1200 pro tumbler and media separator. The one thing the thieves didn't steal was my bucket of media, so I'll be set for a while.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I finished tumbling all my once-fired LC. Need to swage ~600 pieces yet today.

Just cleaned out the range bags from the range trip yesterday.

About to start tumbling the ~1400 pieces of 45 ACP now (the new stuff plus the range trip), and then size all that AR brass once I finish swaging it.

Another boring sub-zero day in WI...

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Not today, but the past couple of days... decrimped 1000 308 brass and then primed them all. Primed 1000 300blk brass. Loaded up 250 300blk and 250 308's.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tony P
posted Hide Post
Continue to read!!!! New reloader trying to figure out how to load my stuff that isn't listed in the books.

US Navy

Posts: 759 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: December 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony P:
Continue to read!!!! New reloader trying to figure out how to load my stuff that isn't listed in the books.

You can always ask here.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

More drying, depriming, repriming

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Haveme1,

Posts: 723 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: January 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1:

More dying, depriming, repriming

Is that a typo, or do you really dye your brass?

Either way.. That looks like the top of my washer and dryer. Towel spread out, and ~500 pieces of 45ACP drying out on it.

There's another 200 pieces in the tumbler.

I also cut ~150 pieces of Lake City to begin forming production Blackout brass. I did some last night to get a feel for it and get everything set up the way I want it, random headstamp stuff. Finished swaging the previous batch of Lake City, too (that's for .223). Now I've only got ~2k pieces of SAW brass & ~2k pieces of M200 to cut, swage, tumble and convert...

Since I prefer to use only LC, I'll probably karma the other stuff off. If you should 300BLK, keep an eye out for that later tonight. Wink

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
This.

Cut ~500 pieces of LC, and tumbled a ton of 45ACP.

Drank a few Coffee Benders, too. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Finished up a run of 1100 40s, ordered more supplies and today will begin loading some development 308Win rounds.

Posts: 344 | Location: FL | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
No loading today.

Shot a 400-yard match.

Don't even ask.

The winner took it with a .260 and put up a 1.081" 5-shot group.

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Shot 300 and 223 I loaded today. Still have all the fingers I started with...whew!

Now to "mass produce" them.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
After all my experimentation getting started in reloading over the past month, I finally loaded my first "production" batch. 150 9mm. Can't wait to get out to the range and see how I did. Smile

_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Today, I reloaded gas into my snowblower twice Big Grin

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rebuilt a foster ultra micrometer seater die in 6.5x47. I bought it used and until only recently did I have a 6.5x47 to start seating bullets with. Person who sold it to me back in August never mentioned it was seized, but a mallet, penetrating oil, and torch got it back adjusting. Only loaded 15 rounds because rebuild/beating took a full 55 minutes. Reloaded 49 rounds of 260 remington with 123 Amax and 123 Scenar's - MFer didn't like either I made. Tumbled 150 pieces of 308 brass, 100 pieces of 260 from Saturday and deprimed them.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post