SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
0015 or 015? Seems the first would hardly be worth it... ??

Not to mention difficult to measure! Lol

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

oops! .015.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

oops! .015.

OK, whew. Thought I was missing something important. Lol

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Picked up my 500 245gr coated cast blackout bullets from my porch. Opened them up, kind of disappointed. The picture showed them to be black, which I thought was cool. In reality, they are more sort of a burnt bronze color. Almost tarnished brass looking, I guess.

Oh well, I guess that's not the important thing anyway. I'll do load development maybe next weekend if the weather is nice. Heading to a company party right now. Ugh. At least there is free booze and a free hotel room though, so..

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Loaded 173 9mm for the MP5 to devour.

Why 173, because that is what I cleaned.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stocking up a little. Picked up 2000 each CCI Small Pistol, and CCI 34 & 41 primers. Bullets are on the way for 223, 9mm and 40 S&W.

Posts: 103 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Chrono'd some blackout loads.

I'll update the blackout thread once it gets unlocked...

Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Loaded up 300 rounds of .38spl of 3 different flavors in preparation of my parents visiting and probably bringing their Smith M13 with

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Ran another 100 pieces of virgin 6.5x47 over the expander mandrel. 200 to go.

posted Hide Post
Cast my first ever projectiles. I did some beautiful .454 diameter round balls for my 1858 Remington and 1860 Colt revolvers.

------------------------------
The wicked flee when no man pursueth; But the righteous are bold as a lion. --Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 178 | Registered: October 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I've ran electric for overhead lights and installed those, I've been depriming brass in preparation to wet tumble. Finished about 1k rounds of 9mm with no issues and did about 100 .308. Smashed my finger while doing the rifle brass. Nothing says ouch like driving the pin on a decapping die into your middle finger....

Also received my order of 147gr 9mm and 230gr 45 from Bayou Bullets and am dialing in the 550 to start loading 9mm. All this over the past week or so.

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
...Nothing says ouch like driving the pin on a decapping die into your middle finger....

oh yeah, BTDT...maybe because of carbon or dirt on the decapping pin, but make sure you clean the hell out of the wound. Mine took almost two weeks to fully heal.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
...Nothing says ouch like driving the pin on a decapping die into your middle finger....

oh yeah, BTDT...maybe because of carbon or dirt on the decapping pin, but make sure you clean the hell out of the wound. Mine took almost two weeks to fully heal.

Also BTDT. Mine stuck me in my nail bed, straight through the cuticle. OW.

Today I trimmed another 50 or so pieces of that blank blackout brass.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Trimmed the remainder of the first batch of blackout brass from the blanks.

I have another batch that came out of the tumbler a week or two ago. (I sized them in two separate batches so they'd fit in the tumbler.)

I'll start trimming that as time permits. Not in much of a hurry, sometime before spring will be fine. Smile

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I took my single-stage RCBS JR2 press off the work bench as I'm "gifting" it to my friend and his dad for Christmas. It is getting replaced with an RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme. Merry Christmas to me!! Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Between a movie and some video games with my kids I managed to load 400 5.56 rounds. I hope to have a thousand loaded before I go back to work on Christmas.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeattleDude
posted Hide Post
Finished my SPR 223 Wylde build.

guess what is going to be my next one =)

Posts: 611 | Location: W.WA | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Picked up a large flat-rate box of 9mm off my porch yesterday. Just under 5k pieces.

Started sorting it yesterday to remove military brass and other nonsense (found a couple 40 so far, 380, etc). Lots of Starline in there, which I thought was interesting.

There's currently ~ 750 pieces going for a ride in the tumbler. I'll probably pull those this afternoon and throw in another batch.

Picture of SeattleDude
posted Hide Post
Got some good stuff yesterday. Sheridan Slotted Gauges and Ballistic Tools neck and primer pocket gauges.

Pricey, but quality tools.

Posts: 611 | Location: W.WA | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Youngest son and I measured the chamber on his new hunting rifle. Explained a few basics to him. Loaded up a dozen .308s for himself under my watchful eye. Nice afternoon.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post