SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I'm 5'7 and currently have a 42" high bench, rough fit with a 4" mount would seem pretty good standing and I have 8'+ ceilings.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Finished loading all my prepped blackout brass. It wasn't as much as I thought, so I'm halfway through sizing half a 5-gallon bucket more. Thank God I have the jumbo-sized Lyman tumbler. It was already clean, but I need to get lube off. However, I apparently had cleaned it in stainless, which means I need to chamfer the mouth of every case. Especially since I'm loading cast bullets. Ugh.

I did find a full 50 Cal can of 223 though while looking for a can to put the blackout in, so that's good.

My 9mm stash is about 1/4 of a 30 Cal can. That should take me perhaps an hour or two to fill, no big deal. I'll start on that after I finish sizing the remaining blackout - which I'll return to right after my coffee break.

Oh, also, it appears my gempro took a shit. I'm going to start a separate thread to discuss that though.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
Cranked out 100 rounds for my M1 Garand on my single stage press.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I organized my powder and primers today. I vacuum bagged the primers 1000 per bag. Should
Keep for a while.
Loaded some 300 BO subs for function testing.

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsjac:
I organized my powder and primers today. I vacuum bagged the primers 1000 per bag. Should
Keep for a while.

Why don't you keep them in their little boxes and trays?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14037 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Keep for a while.

Why don't you keep them in their little boxes and trays?

Right? That's all I do. Put them on the shelf, in the cardboard boxes they came in when I bought them by the case.

I have some primers that I bought from an estate sale that are easily 20 years old. Winchester, back when they used tan boxes. I've loaded over 10k of them, they all went bang without a single complaint.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Did you season the primers before you vacuum sealed them?

*inside joke*

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I left the primers in the 1000 round boxes and trays.

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:

That should be fine. The "seasoned" quip was directed as a joke to another frequent poster here. I will let him explain. Nothing directed poorly at yourself.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Loaded up 100 rounds of 300blkout on the single stage which reminds me I need to get a caliber conversion for the 550!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Loaded 500 rounds of .40 180 gn lead, Hi-Tek coated, 4.2gn of Titegroup

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Did you season the primers before you vacuum sealed them?

*inside joke*

Only barrels need seasoning. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Deprimed and stainless tumbled 18lbs of 40cal brass.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
Reloaded 200 .308.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

So you basically vacuum bagged each brick of primers to protect them from moisture?

What an interesting idea.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14037 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pushed my freshly tumbled 18lbs of 40cal brass through my G-RX sizing die tonight and added it to my stash. I'm up to 52lbs of deprimed, sized and cleaned 40cal brass. Only 25lbs left to get through and then it's onto the 9mm brass.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Recorded a bunch more review videos tonight. Uploading them to the YouTube channel now. J Allen Chassis, World's Finest Trimmer, Giraud Tri-Way, Redding comparator die/gauge, Lyman case prep station..

Good stuff.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Annealed all my x47 brass.

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Cleaned this summer's .45 Colt brass...getting everything ready to start loading until I run out of bullets or brass, whichever comes first Big Grin...

12 gauge is next.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
Tumbled, decapped and resized 100 270AR brass. Also installed a shelf and bin rack on my reloading bench wall.