SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
I haven't done ANYTHING in reloadingland in quite a while. Since like early November.

And I'm happy about that, dammit. Reloading 2300 rounds of precision rifle, plus a bunch of random pistol and 223, since April has really worn me out.

I have 20 rounds left for the 6.5x47. That should be enough to carry me for 3 matches (6 rounds fired per match). So, about another 6 weeks. First match of the season is tomorrow. I can't wait!

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted December 30, 2015 03:26 PM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cuda2045:
working up new load using varget 80 grain smk and lapua brass

Are you shooting those out of an AR? I have 1000 80gr Nosler Custom Comp bullets but thinking I would have to load them too long for use in my ARs.

Yes I shoot out of my AR's, I load single shot. Measure your chamber and lands to see how long OGIVE you can use, in your AR.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Well, it looks like my reloading bench will be a busy place for a while. The barrel in my match gun is about as bad off as I thought - only managed 3/4 minute today at 420. It wasn't that windy, and there was no "pattern". Like the windage was good but I had vertical problems, or I waterlined them, but hung them left to right. Nope. Just 5 random shots in a 3.xx" circle. Piss me off. I knew it was about shot out, but I figured it could hold half minute. Half minute would have gotten me paid. The winner was a 1.3" group put up by a 12 year old shooting his dad's brx.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally done this go around, since before Chritmas I have loaded a total of 2000 rounds of .45 ACP and .45 Colt on a single stage press. I'm officially out of brass to reload and pretty much stocked for this summers shooting, which is good because I don't think I have it in me to do any more reloading for the next six months....

Posts: 414 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden. | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Built a a 5'x2' extension for my bench. Just as I was running in one of the last screws, I stabbed myself in the thumb with the bit driver. SWMBO is out getting peroxide now. Dammit, I had a lot of stuff to do down there today. Now I'm handicapped. Mad

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Built a a 5'x2' extension for my bench. Just as I was running in one of the last screws, I stabbed myself in the thumb with the bit driver. SWMBO is out getting peroxide now. Dammit, I had a lot of stuff to do down there today. Now I'm handicapped. Mad

Nut up and dip it in turpentine.

Or acetone.

Big Grin

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue68f100
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

I hate when that happens. I did the same thing a month or so and ended up with a blood blister under my finger nail. Just because I was to lazy to use the guide/holder for just a few screws.

Just find your roll of electrical tape and wrap it up and get back to work.... Big Grin

David

P229R 9mm, Nitron, Beavertail Frame, Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT & Short Reach Trigger

Posts: 3464 | Location: Piney Woods of East Texas | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I ended up finishing the project yesterday evening. Thumb wasn't as bad off as I thought after I cleaned it.

posted Hide Post
exx1976
nice looking blue.
I am impressed.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Was given a GemPro 250 scale for Christmas from my wife, so have been using it the past few days for my precision loads - working up new loads for a 20" AR and my newly rebarreled 243 Winchester. Amazing the difference in precision from my Hornady AutoCharge!

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wet tumbled 10 lbs of 9mm brass before I left for work and have 10 lbs more to do tomorrow before work.

That leave 40 lbs left to deprime and tumble. After that all of my 40 and 9mm brass will be clean and ready for when I start loading up next years practice and match ammo.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Still on my reloading binge,finish the 223 last week,moved to the forties and did a brick of primers on them .
Yesterday I started the 38 Specials,got 500 loaded and will finish another 500 today.
Hopefully I will start the 357 today also.
Trying to get all my calibers loaded for this years shooting

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Finished loading up 100 300WSM 180r TSX. Measuring those manually takes a lot more time, but it seems to be worth it. Can't wait to try them out on something besides paper Smile. Loaded 1k 75r BTHP and started on some 308 125gr SST's.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered a Lee factory crimp die. My 45 acp reloads feed fine in my gold cup but won't fit in my dads government model's chamber. Hopefully this will solve that problem.

Posts: 414 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden. | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Finally got the bench reorganized, some additional shelving installed, and the new Lee press mounted up. Got a Lee Bench Plate to try out. If it works out, it will enable me to swap out my presses at a single position and gives me more bench space back. Single stage and turret presses stored at upper left.

I got it all set up and running smooth. I just need to get the drum powder measure adjusted and set. I picked up a set of additional drums (which swap out) so the plan is to have a drum for each caliber and/or load preset. Tossed together a toolhead holder from some scrap lumber. I like the concept and may make version 2.0 from a wider piece of wood and stagger the holes to get more turrets in the same space.

Only thing left to do is label the new parts bin, turret holder, and organize my books and reference material. Bonus find was 2 additional pounds of Unique I forgot I had purchased and was hiding on another shelf off camera. I love it when that happens. Hopefully crank some rounds out tonight.

image upload

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My new 44 mag Redding dies show up today. Starting to work up a load.

Picture of Fishjager
posted Hide Post
Loaded about 600 223 rounds. Had to stop half way through and tweek the 650 a little. It is to be expected.

Posts: 1341 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deprimed about 1500 9mm cases to prep for cleaning.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Got my new RCBS Loadmaster setup and loaded up 20 223 70gr TSX to test out. Man, that Loadmaster is awesome!! I wish I would have had it when I was hand measuring those 300WSM's.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Loaded 400 rounds of 150gr fmj 300 BLK. That was the last of the rifle rounds I needed to load before converting the press back over to 9mm.

My 550b seemed to be binding a bit while turning the shell plate. A quick shot of Hornady Quick Shot solved that issue. Looks like I found a suitable use for it.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post