SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Cast about 700 .45 230 grain TC Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Bought a set of infrared skyscreens for my CED M2 chronograph. I'm tired of not being able to use my chrony in the Pacific Northwest 8 months out of the year. Lots of my range time is in the evening at a lighted range too.

Also ordered a 30-06 GO gauge that I use with my Hornady HS gauge to set up my sizing dies.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally set up the 550 today to load 9mm and loaded up 100 rounds. Only thing left to do on it is to work on fixing the primers turning sideways every once in awhile in the cup.

I'll have to try the operating rod fix that people are posting about.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
In my experience it was the primer adjusting screw that made her fly!

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today in reloading land I cleaned cases with 0000 steel wool and primed them. I've never seen HXP so shiny. I load with hopes of bringing a goood range report soon.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
OCW run with 142 SMK's in the 6.5 CM plus 10 warm-up rounds. When I can shoot them, I don't know.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I tried, and failed, to buy cases for .25 Gibbs. I will try again tomorrow. This time, directly from Quality Cartridge. All of their distributors are sold out of this case.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I was gifted a Dillon RL550 last week! Yes, GIFTED! It was only missing a caliber kit.

I called Dillon today and ordered a 9mm caliber exchange kit. I've got 1000 rounds of 9mm to load anyways. Should be fun!

Next year I'll order the 45 and 40 kits as well as whatever I need to load 308.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice gift,you will enjoy that thing till you get old and gray.
I bought one many years back ,liked it so much I bought an additional one a few years later.
The purpose was the priming sizes and old eyes in tri focals.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
I loaded the entire 500 round box of Extreme 9mm 115 grn RNP that came Wednesday.
I got a jug of WSF (which I have been wanting to try) at Sportsman's yesterday and had plans to load some 124's and 147's at different weights to try and find a good load.
But the powder measure had still had some W231 in it so I broke open the box of 115's to use it up.
Then I am refilling the primer tube because there is still a little powder left.
Then I am adding a little more powder to use up the bullets I've dumped out in the tray.
Then powder, then primers, then just a few more bullets...
Next thing I know, I have run thru the entire box of bullets.
Oh well, maybe I'll get to the 124's and 147's tomorrow.
I was using range brass and, after finding a couple of crimped primers, I found my very first berdan 9mm! That was special. Lucky I didn't break sumpin'.

Then there's that box of 40's that should be here in a couple days...

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stainless tumbled 2000 pieces of 40 cal brass and deprimed about 1000 pieces of 9mm brass.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I made my first step today. Ordered a Lyman Reloading Handbook. Now to read.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saturday, while working as an RSO for the state wildlife agency, I had a young man tell me his gun was "stuck" as we were about to go "cold". Trying to lift the bolt was useless so I resorted to a rubber mallet. With him holding the gun I was able to beat the bolt up and beat the bolt back. the extractor fell out in pieces.
A rod was needed to remove the shell casing from the chamber. The primer was gone and the case head was totally black. The twice fired .308 case showed rifling marks at the mouth. He didn't remember how much and what kind of powder he used and did not have any record of the load. The bullet appeared to be a Nosler Partition.
I suggested that he break down the remaining loads and measure the case length as my 35 years of loading has taught me that once fired cases generally need trimming. I also impressed upon him the need to keep records of all loads he does. We send him on his way with a suggestion that he take the gun to a gunsmith to be checked out.
I relate this here as a caution to reloaders to follow recommended practices in our hobby. Regardless of your experience, one shortcut or lapse of attention can have serious consequence.

Posts: 89 | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
I hand-primed 1000 223 cases getting them ready for my 75gr load. Also, sized, trimmed, and primed 150 300 WSM cases. Plan on loading 80 using 180gr TSX and 70 using 160gr TSX.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
I made my first step today. Ordered a Lyman Reloading Handbook. Now to read.

Shovelhead - Sir if you will email me your mailing address (in my profile) I will be happy to send you my recently retired Hornady Reloading manual. I just two weeks ago purchased the 9th Edition because it contains information related to the 300 AAC Blackout round that the previous edition did not have.

I will Karma it to you and pay the shipping so you can have a second Reloading Book to add to your reading and if you move into loading a second source for information and data.....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Loaded the last 47 of my nickel 223 with Fusion bullets, 50 380 with 90gr XTPs and deprimed and cleaned some amount of 223.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put another 200. 45 colt in an ammo can. Finally bought a new decapping die for my press and am going through this summers spent cases. Lots of work to be done over the next couple of weeks, I have a lot of brass to turn into ammo!

Posts: 414 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden. | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Made another trip to the LGS yesterday to pick up more powder. The shelves were overflowing with powder. I literally don't think there was anything they didn't have in stock.

I replenished my stock of TAC and W748, so now I'm set for both 223 and 308.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I just finished the nines and have converted the 550 to run a thousand 223.
Dug out the jug of 4895 sc.
Not planning to rush,maybe a couple days till complete.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I've got the tumbler running all day today. I won't have any dirty brass by bedtime. Wink

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post