SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Got rid of my 40 today. All the brass, all the mags, all the loaded ammo. Except one special box that is near and dear to me. Wink

Kept the bullets to load in 10mm.

I just hadn't shot the thing in forever, and that was my end of the deal for the new transmission in my truck..

Sad to see it go, but it made room for new toys, and it went to a good home.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Did my first batch of hi-tek coated bullets. Very simple process.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sized and lubed 400 510 grain flat nosed projectiles for my Century 50-70 revolver. Next up is to cast a bunch of 450 grain 50 calibers for my Springfield model 1870 50-70 rifle.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
clean my reloading area

Posts: 122 | Registered: October 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loaded some Speer FN with 231. Oh yeah, pick up some dropped live primers from the table and floor Smile

Posts: 839 | Location: Sparta, WI | Registered: April 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Had a small memorial service. Cycled two plastic Folgers cans of .40 through the decapping/sizing die on my now turret press. Decided it sucked.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
100rds of .243 Win today, with charges thrown on the Hornady AutoCharge, then trickled up to weight using a Lee balance beam. Previously had been just using charges as they came off the AutoCharge. There's certainly more variability than I'd like with that I've discovered, I'd bet as much as +/-0.2gr. Looking forward to seeing if my groups tighten up significantly with this process, which frankly doesn't take that much longer.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
passed on a 4lb jar of WSF at the York, PA gunshow. Probably shouldn't have. But I do have 7 pounds at home. Plus, it was $107.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
passed on a 4lb jar of WSF at the York, PA gunshow. Probably shouldn't have. But I do have 7 pounds at home. Plus, it was $107.

$107?! Eek

I'd have left it too. But then again, I have 20 pounds of it already... . Big Grin

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2015-02-28 16.08.53 by morti4847, on Flickr

Did some load testing today. I started reloading a month ago, been trying to get my rhythm down.

I am fairly pleased at the results. I decided to shoot the first string over again, because it was a real feel of 8 degrees out and I believe I was not acclimated yet. Glad I did. Typically I can shoot the 1911 far more accurate than any other pistol I own. The 220 seemed to like the cold much more bettah.

My redding powder thrower really likes Win231. Never threw off, I weighed every load.

Posts: 839 | Location: Sparta, WI | Registered: April 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Damn! Wish I could find WSF anywhere. I'd have paid the $107 for it at this point. I'm at less than a pound left. Next time I find it, I'm going to stock up significantly.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
Damn! Wish I could find WSF anywhere. I'd have paid the $107 for it at this point. I'm at less than a pound left. Next time I find it, I'm going to stock up significantly.

A significant portion of my stock was gotten from powder Valley in November or December (pretty sure I posted about the availability on here, just look back through threads for the date).

If you're on Facebook, like/follow powder Valley. They post about powder shipments on there, that's how I've managed to get some.

posted Hide Post
If I was that low I would have bought it right quick. I'll try Titegroup for 40 instead of using my WSF. This shortage needs to be over.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Ordered some bullet comparator inserts and a wft in 6.5x47.

Couple other things too, but I forget. It'll be like Christmas. One box from midway and one from Brownells.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Cleaned, annealed, and sized 120 of my 308 match brass.

In the tumbler now getting unlubed.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loaded up 50 rounds of 40 S&W with 165 gr SNS Coated LRNFP over 6.0 grs of CFE Pistol.

Posts: 92 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loaded 200 rnds of 40cal over 4.2 tight group.
Our steel challenge this week is with our ccw.
Draw from barrel top, shoot 5 times at 5 plates.
I fear the "mikes" are gonna tell the truth !

Posts: 723 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: January 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Scott1970 got me hooked on coating bullets,today I did around a thousand of 230 45 apc's,trimmed champered and chaffered and de mil crimp about a thousand,not sure but it was a large flat rate box of 308's for another member.
My hands hurt Confused

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Scott ,red is my favorite color,I did a bunch of 45 apc in red yesterday,sized them this am.
That mold looks like a lee and has a nice shape.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I have been tumbling the 2500 pieces of 5.56 brass I got for the last day and sorting as they come out.

Those cast bullets look nice, I think I might getting into casting if I can find some lead around meSmile

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3640 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post