SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Still casting bullets with the nice weather for the last two days,plan to do more today.

Well I got tired and quit,but did get a great weight on my total casting of the 9's with 126#'s
In a couple days when I get feelings back in my arms the Star is going to get a good workout.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 45 Cal,

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Loaded 20 10mm rounds.

10 at approximately 9.9gr, and 10 at approximately 10.4gr.

I say approximately because blue dot meters like fucking corn flakes. Ugh. I hate this shit already.

Dsg's thing this is only for a bowling pin gun, not a bullseye gun. Cripes.

I'm going to go to the range Saturday and try them out. I found WILDLY varying data online, with some guys saying 10.1gr, some saying 10.5gr, some saying 11...

We'll see what I get. I'm going to take the chrono too, I hope (if it's not raining). I'm looking for 1200fps with 180s and no pressure signs. Wish me luck!

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Lol. Kinda like 800X. Dont meter it...just use a fork. Big Grin

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
just use a fork. Big Grin

No shit....

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Took those 2 10mm loads to the range. The 9.xgr load was more accurate, but neither showed even the slightest hint of pressure issues. I've seen loads online of up to 11ish gr, so I'm going to load some hotter and try them.

Didn't chrono, unfortunately, it's very foggy here. Dammit.

posted Hide Post
Found 3 one pound bottles of Titegroup at my LGS. $20 each. Bought them all.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brass prep marathon this weekend.

296pcs 6.5x47, 458pcs 6x47, 100pcs 6BR.

Will load 100rds of 6.5, 50rds of 6BR yet today to shoot tomorrow.

Why the odd numbers for the 6-6.5x47? loss brass at matches. Losing 42pcs of 6x47 brass over 6500rds, no matter.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Wow. That's a lot of precision rifle brass to be processing in one sitting.

Speaking of which, the 400 yard shoot that used to be annually on new years day - the "hangover 400" - they've decided to do it every other week now in the winter. I need to load some more 308 for that since my 6.5 won't be ready until spring.

Picture of devildogandboy
posted Hide Post
started going through my room looking for stuff that's taking up more room than i have. getting it ready for sale so i can spend it elsewhere. Smile

Bruce

Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Sun City, Arizona | Registered: November 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I'm down to 1 box of 12 Gauge...so I broke out and set up the old MEC 600...hopefully will get started later tonight loading about 500 ACTIV hulls...I'll probably finish up week after next Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oldseabag860
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
I decapped 1k once-fired Lake City 5.56 that just got here and threw a few handfuls in the stainless Tumbler.

Tomorrow 1250 large primer 45 ACP are due to arrive, followed by 2k once fired M200 and 2k SAW brass.

Standard trigger and SRT kit for the 227 showed up today. Tomorrow the Wheeler brass punches arrive, and so do 2# of 1680 and 500 69 gr SMKs.

Also ordered 1k 125 gr SMK seconds from PVI today.

Needed something to keep me busy until this frozen tundra thaws back out. Smile

So what did YOU do today in reloading-land?

Sized deprimed and dry tumbled 300 nines 100 45 longs and 200 siggys. primed and stored them to be loaded later

"NO TWENTY TWO FOR YOU"

Posts: 269 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: January 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Loaded 125 180gr hollow point 10mm for tomorrow's bowling pin shoot. Cleaned the sbr for the ar shoot that follows it.

Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Finally quit procrastinating and changed out the LNL AP for small primers, and got set up for 38spl...got 120 rounds in and shredded the case retainer spring all to hell. Guess that was my cue to stop for the day.

Went on ebay and ordered 3 more. Looks like I'll be using the single stage for a few days.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
Loaded my first ever 300BLK rounds this morning from brass that I made from cut-down .223/5.56 cases.
Only had enough brass ready for 40+ rnds, so I loaded two different weights using two different primers, all single stage with each charge weighed by hand. I can't find any of the more popular powders to push the 125 Sierras but I have some 4227 that I am not using for anything else so it will have to do for now.

Later, I tried my new LEE power QT on 300+ .223 cases that my case gauge said were too long. Another 100 or so didn't need to be trimmed. All of the trimmed ones were within tolerance but I had some trouble with consistency.
I had tried using this on my Blackout brass and ended up making a shim to avoid trimming them too short. Had to use the shim for the .223 as well.
And, during all this, I managed to weed out another dozen cases that had dented shoulders (I have gotten to be a tough grader) that will be converted to more 300BLK.

That's enough for today.

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Working on setting up my new Hornady LNL AP loader. Actually having fun doing it, but I can see where it would be frustrating to a first time reloader. Lots of little adjustments to get things working just right.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Decapped a slough of 5.56NATO and tossed them in the ultrasonic cleaner.
Brass was received from Widener's a year or so ago.

Along the way, came across these...

One completely mangled casing, like they beat the shit out it with some pliers, and one unfired M855 round. Lol...one less that I have to reload!

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cleaned, deprimed, resized 100 9mm and loaded a box of 45 Colt. 9mm reloading on deck today, hoping for two boxes worth.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
It was a pretty day so I did some more casting of 38's today

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Unpacked a test batch of new brass Wink

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Sized 1000+ 5.56 and now smell like spray on case lub. Start trimming tomorrow.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post