SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Decapped a large (1000? 1500?) pile of 9mm that came out of the tumbler a few weeks ago. There is several hundred 45acp still in there that are clean and need to come out.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Accidentally cleaned 100 9mm brass cases in my washing machine. (house keeper did not notice the bag in one of my pockets) They came out perfect!
Just may be a cheap brass cleaner, pick up a used washing machine and just use it for cleaning brass.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
ust may be a cheap brass cleaner, pick up a used washing machine and just use it for cleaning brass.

One reason not to have a house cleaner,and heaven knows I do need one Big Grin

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Sold my 16" blackout.
Ordered a 6.5 Krieger blank.
Ordered a Defiance Deviant Tactical.
Ordered a Forster co-ax.
Ordered a Forster ultra-micrometer 6.5x47 seater die.
Ordered a Redding type s full length 6.5x47 sizing die.
Found where I'll be ordering brass and bullets from.

Sat back and smiled.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sacox31s
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Sold my 16" blackout.
Ordered a Forster co-ax.

Sat back and smiled.

Damn! I got to get busy on the 6.5x47L preparations.
I've been traveling too much for work and drinking too much beer on the company's dime.
I haven't acquired any 6.5x47L reloading gear yet. But I do have 8 weeks before the gunsmiths estimated completion.

Posts: 397 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: October 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sacox31s:
quote:
Sold my 16" blackout.
Ordered a Forster co-ax.

Sat back and smiled.

I've been traveling too much for work and drinking too much beer on the company's dime.
I haven't acquired any 6.5x47L reloading gear yet. But I do have 8 weeks before the gunsmiths estimated completion.

8 weeks? What action are you using, and who is the Smith? My action won't even be built for 8 weeks, and my Smith is 6 months out!

Picture of sacox31s
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sacox31s:
quote:
Sold my 16" blackout.
Ordered a Forster co-ax.

Sat back and smiled.

8 weeks? What action are you using, and who is the Smith? My action won't even be built for 8 weeks, and my Smith is 6 months out!

I am going to have my 700 action trued.

Smith is Tumbleweeds Custom Rifles. His shop is 10 miles from my house, he was recommended by people at my local range who had impressive rifles worked on by him.

Posts: 397 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: October 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bamf
posted Hide Post
Well my smith just received the parts for my build and I have about 21 days before he ships it back to me - so I had to order some things.

Ordered a Chrony F1 - I know it's not even near the greatest - but it will do what I need, and it's on sale at Midway for $50

Ordered the same dies as exx, but for my .308

Received my 500 pack of 178gr A-Max and worked out my max COAL to fit in the magazine so I can have the barrel chambered to fit it tight.

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema

Posts: 4599 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loaded up another 1,000 rounds of 9mm match ammo today. Few more thousand to go and I'll be ready for next years matches.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I will fess up ,these 5.7 X28
little bastards will kick your ass
The prep work is crazy,you have to work primer pockets ,trim and de bur in and out.Being commercial brass,you would have thought priming would be a snap,but hell no.
I got about 150 loaded yesterday,shot 25 before I set up a powder charge I was happy with.
This am I set the case trimmer and have been running it,my hands started cramping so I am on break.
With this round its been a couple months haul to acquire all the do dad it takes.
The loading on the old rockchucker is so slow.
I have the accessories to do on the Dillon 550 but I always start with one at a time till I am comfortable with the end product.
I have about 1500 more brass sized and ready for trimming,I gonna set the drill press for that though.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
I loaded up 100 300blk with 220gr SMK's. Those things look like spears!
Primed 100 308's
Chrony'd some 357Sig, 300blks, and 556's

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Yeah, those 220s sure are long!! I need to order some more of those...

I annealed 8 or 10 handfuls of the rough-cut brass that's been sitting, idle, waiting for me. Then there's the whole usps box full of blanks that still need cut.. Ugh. I'm glad a buddy just got into 300blk, and another buddy plans to get into it soon. That should get me some more labor to get them processed since they'll want some too.. Lol

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Ordered 500 pieces of Lapua 6.5x47 brass @ $90/100
Ordered 200 Berger 140gr Hybrid 6.5 bullets @ $39/100
Ordered two AIAW SA mags @ $70/ea
Ordered a TAB Gear rear bag @ $20 (I'm not happy with the Midway one I used last season)

Trying to find Berger 130VLD target and some Hornady AMAX bullets in stock to get those on the shelf for load development.

What can I say, I was a boy scout when I was a kid. When my new rifle shows up, I want to have everything I need.

I know of a local place that has Federal GMM small rifle primers on the shelf for $40/k. Need to get several of those.

Chasing Bugholes
Picture of jelrod1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1771 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jelrod1:
Here you go:

http://www.bullets.com/product...-Case-of-100/BL10084

Seriously? Bullets.com? Wow, man. That's almost as good as Lilja's website. LOL

In any event, there goes another $240.

100 each:

Berger 140gr VLD Target
Berger 140gr Long Range OTM
Berger 130gr VLD Target
Lapua 139gr Scenar
Sierra 140gr MatchKing
Sierra 142gr MatchKing

On cost alone, I sure hope this new rifle really likes matchkings. LOL

Still looking for AMAX...

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Here you go:

100 each:

Berger 140gr VLD Target
Berger 130gr VLD Target
Lapua 139gr Scenar
Sierra 140gr MatchKing
Sierra 142gr MatchKing

Brother you are making this way too complicated. Would suggest just trying a single box of three different bullets. 140 Hybrids, 130 VLD's and 123 Scenars.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
quote:
quote:
Here you go:

100 each:

Berger 140gr VLD Target
Berger 130gr VLD Target
Lapua 139gr Scenar
Sierra 140gr MatchKing
Sierra 142gr MatchKing

Brother you are making this way too complicated. Would suggest just trying a single box of three different bullets. 140 Hybrids, 130 VLD's and 123 Scenars.

NOW you tell me 123 scenars. Why 123s instead of 139s?

posted Hide Post
quote:

NOW you tell me 123 scenars. Why 123s instead of 139s?

Since I was unable to get the 140 Hybrids to shoot at an acceptable accuarcy, I believe I would be wasting my time, barrel life trying another 140 class bullet, maybe I'm wrong? From talking to a local shooter who is on his 5th 6.5x47 barrel, every barrel he has had shot the the 38ish/Varget/123 Scenars very well. I had some 123 Scenars, I was curious, they bughole. We both read claims about how easy the 6.5x47 is to tune, the 123 Scenars/130VLD's showed me that. My simple conclusion from my experience and others around me, a 6.5x47 might shoot a 140 class bullet well, very high probability a 120-130 class bullet will shoot exceptionally well.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of X5Allround
posted Hide Post
Paid a record price for CCI #500 primers, €.07 a piece. That is about $89 for a thousand, taxes included. Got only 500 and made practice ammo with 122 gr Ares and Ba10. Shot 200 of it. Which was nice.

Posts: 744 | Location: Finland | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ HOLY CRAP Eek

$89 a thousand? I'm afraid my local supply of $28.99 a thousand is going to disappear and I'll have to pay $31.99 someplace else.

I guess I'll quit complaining.

How's the powder supply over in Finland. That's what something I can't score locally and usually end up paying a premium on.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post