SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SeattleDude:
Loaded some 223 with new to me CFE223 powder.

+1 and loaded them up in mags.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeattleDude
posted Hide Post
Share your recipe?

Posts: 611 | Location: W.WA | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Been on the road for 12 days.

Cleaned bench, got stuff sorted and situated to churn out some 9mm tomorrow.

Ready, set, go.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Tumbled a couple thousand 9mm cases to get ready for some shooting at the end of the month in a carbine class and also training a few relatives flying in from Californistan.

Found a replacement decapper rod for my 10mm size die.

Replaced a couple of my gen 3 Glocks extractors with the Apex failure resistant versions.

De-leaded my 10mm Glock and two of my revolvers.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
...and also did a little reading to get ready for my NRA metallic cartridge reloading instructor course this weekend.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Did some inventory and realized I'm much lower on some loaded calibers than I thought.

Went and picked up 6 more 5 gallon buckets from China mart. Set up a spot in the garage to mount the chop saw to rough cut the m200 and m249 brass. I figure 5k pieces, in addition to what I already have converted, should last me at least a bunch of years. Will probably take me a bunch of years to convert it all, too. Smile

I need to have a major reloading day and crank out a few k 9mm and a few k 223. Maybe this weekend, it's supposed to be too cold to be out on the lake.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Stainless tumbling more 308.

Thinking about maybe rough cutting some of the M200 after work.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Box showed up from Midway.

5 100-round MTM boxes for 308 rounds, trigger for SWMBO's .223 bolt gun, AR sling, AAC blackout/brakeout hider install tool, and some targets. Looks like I'm doing a trigger install tonight.

Also, the mailman brought box 1 of 2 of the M249 brass. I guess the other box will be showing up tomorrow? I hate when they do that. Ship on the same day, arrive two different days. Ugh.

Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Mailman: "Did you order a boat anchor?" as he hands me a box.
Me: "No. Give you one guess."
Mailman: "Coins?"
Me: "No, bullets."
Mailman: "Oh." Then drives off, quickly.

Another 1,000 Acme bullets arrived today. 500 each in 124 and 147 grain.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
Mailman: "Did you order a boat anchor?" as he hands me a box.
Me: "No. Give you one guess."
Mailman: "Coins?"
Me: "No, bullets."
Mailman: "Oh." Then drives off, quickly.

You give more information than I do. I just tell him "lead".

One mailman got the hint and chatted with me. The other guy? Nope. Since there's a boat in the garage (and I leave the door up from time to time) he thinks I make my own sinkers. Big Grin

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SeattleDude:
Share your recipe?

55 FMJBT, 25.5 CFE @ middle of the cannelure. Works great in both SCAR and ARs.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tango Sierra
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why so few? Sounds expensive that way.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Rural North Central Illinois | Registered: November 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tango Sierra:
quote:

We had a husband and wife join our weekly shooting group around a year ago and they almost immediately bought 1,000 bullets and 1,000 primers plus 2 pounds of powder.

The rest of the group told them they better place another order immediately or they'd run out. They assured us that 1,000 was a LOT of bullets and primers.

Three weeks later, they ordered 3,000 bullets and 3,000 more primers, plus 4 pounds of powder.

When 2 people shoot every week, you go through components in a hurry.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, loaded .243 Win - 50rds of 55gr Sierra Blitz Kings, and 25rds of 65gr Berger Flat base Targets - both over various charges of H414. Today, going to load some .223 with 69gr SMKs. All of these are new loads to be tested. Someday soon, I hope to find more .223 powder...

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
quote:

We had a husband and wife join our weekly shooting group around a year ago and they almost immediately bought 1,000 bullets and 1,000 primers plus 2 pounds of powder.

The rest of the group told them they better place another order immediately or they'd run out. They assured us that 1,000 was a LOT of bullets and primers.

Three weeks later, they ordered 3,000 bullets and 3,000 more primers, plus 4 pounds of powder.

When 2 people shoot every week, you go through components in a hurry.

Yeah, my last pistol bullet order was 15k, and my last primer order was 20k. I have enough powder here to last me a while, with the exception of Varget. At my current usage, I should JUST about make the end of the season. But I needs more Berger 30424s....

Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Everything in moderation.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Everything in moderation.

Including moderation. Wink

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I took delivery today at my LGS of 2,000 230 Grain HP X-Treme plated bullets and 2,000 115 Grain RN.

The only reason I bought this few is that the owner of the LGS wanted to place a larger order and asked if anyone wanted some more to help her make the order larger, so I ordered just a few to top off my stocks.

Normally I order a lot more than this at a time.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue68f100
posted Hide Post
Reloaded 600 rounds of MBC BE #2, 185gr LSWC for 45acp. Then cleaned up my powder dispenser since it started sticking.

Decided to make a jig so I can re-cut primer pockets in 45acp to LP using my end mill. Tired of these SP getting in the way.

David

P229R 9mm, Nitron, Beavertail Frame, Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT & Short Reach Trigger

Posts: 3464 | Location: Piney Woods of East Texas | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Including moderation. Wink

More is not always better...it's just more.
I have what I need on hand. Life is easier, this way.
To each their own.