SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Reloaded 4 boxes of 20 Gauge and 4 boxes of 2-½" .410 bore.

Also had 1 Winchester 209 primer that sizzled instead of going bang today. I've had 3 of these in the last 3 weeks so I'm probably in a bad lot of shotgun primers.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also had 1 Winchester 209 primer that sizzled instead of going bang today.

I have been hearing bad things about Winchester primers lately. Failures, burn-thru's on the edge of the cups. Quantity overrunning quality at Winchester?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
[I have been hearing bad things about Winchester primers lately. Failures, burn-thru's on the edge of the cups. Quantity overrunning quality at Winchester?

RMD

That's my general feeling also. However, I can get all the Winchester primers I want and the prices aren't too bad, so I'm not complaining too much.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:Originally posted by rduckwor:[I have been hearing bad things about Winchester primers lately. Failures, burn-thru's on the edge of the cups. Quantity overrunning quality at Winchester?RMD
That's my general feeling also. However, I can get all the Winchester primers I want and the prices aren't too bad, so I'm not complaining too much.

Winchester primers have been easy to come by but I have been getting an average of 2 failures per 100 rounds fired with win large rifle primers.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeattleDude
posted Hide Post
Working up few loads.

Some CFE Pistol, Varget and TiteGroup for 230.

Posts: 611 | Location: W.WA | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Ran across and bought two bottles of Hodgdon Clays at a LGS...I'm a little above 1/2 on my LAST 4# jug...I closed my eyes and took a deep breath when I paid almost $60 with tax for the 2 14 ounce bottles but this is the first Clays I have seen in forever...they had it and I felt I needed it so I bought it...at worst I'm out a few dollars over the pre drought prices...the best is that these two bottles will load over 2400 rounds of .45 Colt Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Did a powder inventory. 45 pounds rifle and hand gun powder. It was a day off for me so I went to sportsmans warehouse to look and they actually had rl15 and my fav 308 powder rl 17 stocked. first time in a year I did not buy anything.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
my fav 308 powder rl 17 stocked.

What's your 308 load with RL17?

Thanks,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put together another 100 rounds of 9mm for my wife to do some plate shooting this Mother's Day weekend. Primed another 100 cases to reload some more this evening.

She is shooting these 133+/- gr. cast bullets with 4.5 grs. of Unique in her new full-size M&P.

Posts: 38 | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:my fav 308 powder rl 17 stocked.
What's your 308 load with RL17?Thanks,RMD

I have been looking for a good long range load. I have been using 44.6(c) of RL 17 with the 208 grain Hornady AMAX at 2.80" coal. It yields me about 2575 fps out of my 24" savage and the powder is pretty temp stable.

Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
500 rounds of 45acp this afternoon. 4.5gr of WST @1.265 coal. Getting ahead on my pistol rounds as I got 8# of BLC-2 coming in with primers so I can start my 5.56/.223 load development.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1141 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
BLC(2) is right next to CFE-223 on the burn rate chart. You should be pleased with the results.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Loaded 60 rounds of 308 to shoot at 300 yards tomorrow.

Really should load up another 40, because I know if I go and run out of ammo I'll be pissed. Always rather have too much than not enough.

But my motivation is quickly dwindling as we approach the witching hour...

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
I found the sweet spot for my Citadel Compact, 45 AGP - powder, primers and brass.

3.8 grains of 700 X
Rim Rock 185 gr. LSWC
Win Large pistol primers
Remington brass same lot.

My best group yet, 1.5 inches, five shots at 50 yards standing, shooting off of a rest. The target now hangs on my wall.

Then the wind came up.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Emptied all the brass out of all the range bags. Sorted it. I have about 400 pieces of 223, 200 300blk, 800 9mm and 20 45acp that all need processing. They are on the dining room table right now, maybe I'll do that after dinner.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Decapped all the brass I mentioned yesterday, since I didn't feel like doing it yesterday.

9mm is in the vibratory, 308 is in stainless, the rest is waiting.

Came to the realization that I need more 5 gallon buckets.

Especially since I have another 3k pieces of SAW brass on the way to me, and I still have 2k pieces of M200 sitting in the corner of the dining room on the floor in the box that came in. So that's 5k more pieces to be turned into 300BLK. And the bucket of almost-done-processed LC 5.56 next to me, plus some halfway converted 300BLK.

Ugh.

I need an assistant.

Picture of SeattleDude
posted Hide Post
Scored 10 1lb cans of Varget today!

Posts: 611 | Location: W.WA | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scored a nineteen pound box of brass from work last week, mostly .40 with a few pieces of 223, 38, 9mm, and 45 mixed in. In the process of cleaning and sorting it.
Loading up some 9mm with 4.3 grains 231 and a Berry's plated bullet in mixed cases for my 228, Glocks, and Beretta 92C. This will finish my stash of 231. .40 will be with 4.8 grains of WST and a Berry's 165 grain plated bullet. Mostly Remington and CCI Speer brass since that is what we and our sister PD use.

Posts: 332 | Location: Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: January 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oldseabag860
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
I decapped 1k once-fired Lake City 5.56 that just got here and threw a few handfuls in the stainless Tumbler.

Tomorrow 1250 large primer 45 ACP are due to arrive, followed by 2k once fired M200 and 2k SAW brass.

Standard trigger and SRT kit for the 227 showed up today. Tomorrow the Wheeler brass punches arrive, and so do 2# of 1680 and 500 69 gr SMKs.

Also ordered 1k 125 gr SMK seconds from PVI today.

Needed something to keep me busy until this frozen tundra thaws back out. Smile

So what did YOU do today in reloading-land?

Disassembled and cleaned two Lee 1000's and rolled 50 rounds of .357Sig's. and 100 rds. .223

"NO TWENTY TWO FOR YOU"

Posts: 269 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: January 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeattleDude
posted Hide Post
Loaded some 223 with new to me CFE223 powder.

Installed Short Reset Trigger Kit on my older P229. This is my last Sig that didnt have that option.