SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    124 grain 9mm bullet question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

124 grain 9mm bullet question Login/Join 
posted
I have been loading 124 great. Moantan Gold bullets for years.
I have loaded thousands of them.
I have started to shoot a lot again and was shopping bullet prices.
I found Everglades reloading 124 great bullets and was wondering if anyone
Has loaded both the Montana Gold bullet and the Everglades bullets?
How do the compare ?
The Everglades bullets are $80 dollers less per case. That adds up quickly.

Thanks Jsjac

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I've loaded both . I only buy the Everglades bullets now. The Montana Gold are nice but they don't do anything that the Everglades ones do.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Just don't plug & play with the OAL.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have ordered 500 of the Everglades 124 fmj to try.
I will let you know how it works out.

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Also consider Rose Distribution bullets. They have great prices also.

http://www.rozedist.com/mm5/me...ZD&Category_Code=ZJB

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I've been happy with everglades. their 124 concave base is cheaper than plated, if you catch them on sale.

That being said, just finished loading my second case and found a bullet with no lead core. I also have seen another guy run into the same thing with one of their hollow points... so I wonder if some of the savings is reflected in the (lack of) QC?

Another place to consider is Precision Delta. They are top shelf people with a top shelf product and usually slot in between MG and Everglades in terms of price.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the Everglades bullets and found two with no lead core in the first hand full that I looked at.
I am going to load up a bunch and try them out.

I also bought some SNS 125 truncated cone coated bullets to try. If you buy 3 cases it gets the cost down to six cents a bullet shipped.

Jsjac

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I'm a blue bullet fan boy on the coated side... mainly because they run in my tight chambered SVI's and are amongst the cheapest. Particularly if you buy in bulk.

That is concerning about the missing lead core in the everglades... I will probably cross them off my list of suppliers if this is becoming their standard.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I measured some of the Everglades bullets before I started to load. The Everglades bullets we're 2 to 3 1/2 thousands smaller that they should be.

Not sure what to make of it.

I do not want to have to have two different size 9mm dies.