SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    considering the .380
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

considering the .380 Login/Join 
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
The only 380 I reload much is shot shells but I just don’t shoot the round much, other than killing snakes.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chinaclipper:
I have always struggled with my Sig P232 and ammo.
It really prefers Federal Hydroshoks (the originals) and chokes frequently on others. I am convinced that it is OAL. What was your OAL when you load the .380 for the Sig P232?
95g JHP bullet, I was using 231 if I recall as a powder.....

.977"

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I load the .380 on a Dillon 550. I use 100gr or 95gr, whatever I can get. Also use W231 powder for this round. Not hard to reload. I reload for for a Kimber, Walther PPK/s and a Colt. All shoot my reloads without issues!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like this round, I have loaded a lot of rounds.

Posts: 122 | Registered: October 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been reloading since I first started shooting in 1972, but only recently have put my faith in the 380 as a defence round and started reloading for it.

I use my Lee turret press and favor TiteGroup and 95 gr. coated LRN bullets from SNS for practice.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have loaded a lot of rounds. its a good round to shoot.

Posts: 122 | Registered: October 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post