SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Reloading the 357sig with AA#9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading the 357sig with AA#9 Login/Join 
Picture of Fishjager
posted
Hey I got a keg of Accurate Arms #9, and a bunch of Montana Gold 125's. Anybody have a good recipe for the 357sig, that you would care to share?

Posts: 1341 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fishjager
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jackimoe. 12.0 - 12.03 looks like a good start point since 13 is the max.(per Lymans 49th)
I'll have to put some together.

Posts: 1341 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I used to use 12.0gr with that combination. Now all I use is AA#7.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fishjager
posted Hide Post
I just got back from the range. I loaded some up with 12.3 grains. I was shooting my 229 Legion.
Man what a sweet load. I was at a indoor range so I did not take my LABRADAR. But from the books, it should be around 1225-1250 fps. Thanks for all the input on this load. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

Just for giggles I loaded some 9mm with the 125 Montana Gold sig bullets. Very accurate.

Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
With AA#9 & MG 125gr, my working load is 13gr. It is not max but well up the ladder.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fishjager
posted Hide Post
12.3 grains of AA#9, with Montana Gold 125's.
I love the load, by the way! This was the average velocity.

posted Hide Post
Good combo to use. I switched to AAC #7 and been having good luck with that.

Now my AAC#9 is reserved for M1 Carbine loads. It shoots 110grain bullets very very well.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got AA #5, 7 and 9 now. I've been loading 147 with the #9 but wont get a chance to chrono for a few weeks.

I changed over to all Dillon dies to help eliminate the issues I was having with the Lee and RCBS dies. Been flawless so far.

Going to pick up some more 124/125 bullets tomorrow.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I have loaded 12.8 grs with the MT Gold 125's for years.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post