SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Shooters World, aka Lovex
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooters World, aka Lovex Login/Join 
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Picture of Buster30290
posted
I'm using a couple of the shooters world powders lately with very good results. Clean Shot gives me very accurate and relatively clean-burning loads in 9mm, 38spl, and 45acp that I produce for plinking (mild loads). Heavy Pistol works well for me in 357mag, 44mag, and 45colt when loaded for "slightly less than standard" velocities.

Load data is not widely available but I have fun starting low and working up with a caliber I've not done before.

Anyone else have experience with this brand?

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......

Posts: 3646 | Location: Nawth Jawja | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have some Clean Shot that I use for plinking ammo. Seems very similar to Tightgroup.
Price was right. Just wish it was more readily available in my area as the store that had it is no longer open. They only had Clean Shot and Heavy Pistol. Never saw any of the rifle powers.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Are we talking clean shot that came out thirty or so years back in the white pound containers?
I used it as a substitute in my B P rifles.Still have a couple pounds for the inline remington 700.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
@45cal: Go over to Powder Valley's site, they have most of the Shooter's World product and their descriptions. This is all smokeless powder.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I did,its a different powder, my stuff is an of white color.
It worked very well in b p guns and left them clean like smokeless powder does in modern guns.
50 cal took 79 grains on a buffalo 250 lead if my memory serves me.Been ten year ago I hunted with the inline,that season was for a week here in Ga after bow and before center fire rifles.
That was not worth the ticks,red-bugs and skeeters and green foliage.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
I pickup up some of the S062 Precision Rifle which is supposed to be like Varget. I've loaded some .223 with it but haven't done much testing as of yet. I will say the price is quite good though.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have used Clean Shot to reload 124gr. 9mm with good results. Meters thru powder measure well too.

Sig P226 W German
Sig P220 W German
Sig P228 W German

Posts: 121 | Location: Pennsylvania  | Registered: November 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post