SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Going to enter the reloading game soon...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going to enter the reloading game soon... Login/Join 
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Get yourself a powder cop die to use for pistol reloads on the progressive.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
“question... Do you use regular water or would distilled water be better for a final rinse (no minerals to leave spots)?“

I use tap water, but here in central TX it’s full of limestone...it leaves water spots in the shower, but just rinsing them and drying them off with a towel or in the oven works fine.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9mmnut...

Definitely will get a powder cop for the XL750.

If I get the used 550 from the SIGForum member that I have been e-mailing, then I will not have space for a powder cop.

My plan is to have 2 presses in the next year, whether it is a 550 and 750 or a couple of 750s, I am not sure yet.

MikeinNC...

Thank you for the info.

Regards,

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay...

I have the brass sorted and de-primed. I received the Rebel 17 today and the stainless steel chips.

Going to clean 9mm overnight on Friday.

Is there any harm to the brass if I run the machine from 3 AM to 6 AM and then it sits until I can process it once I wake up (a couple of hours)?

I was planning on tumbling it for 10 minutes before I drain the water and separate the media from the brass just in case muck settles out from the fluid, caking the brass and media.

Thanks,

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Three hours may be right around time enough to clean really brown brass.

Most just fired and dirty brass that was shot with a suppressor, and it’s really dirty, cleans up in an hour to an hour and a half.

I deprive with a lee uniform depriving die prior to the cleaning cycle.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post