SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    300 Blackout Reloading Discussion
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 Blackout Reloading Discussion Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
Anyone have a line on Barnes 110's?

The best bet in my opinion is to sign up for the alerts at MidwayUSA to be notified of when they come back in stock and then quickly order. I even have them set as a VIP contact on my iPhone so I get an alert of when I get an email from them so I can order quickly before they are out of stock again. Now I have enought of the Barnes 110gr.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
That's what I did. Signed up for notifications everywhere that I could. When they finally came around I grabbed 5 boxes. I figured that would be plenty.

Then I decided to use Lehigh defense max expansion for hunting, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with these. Holding on to them, just in case...

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Acme Rocket Scientist
Picture of finklea73
posted Hide Post
Exx, which Lehigh defense rounds are you using for hunting? Also, do you use the Lehigh bullets for HD?

Posts: 402 | Registered: December 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
194 max expansion.

Factory Barnes black tips for HD.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Acme Rocket Scientist
Picture of finklea73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by finklea73:
quote:
245gr cast coated bullets from Missouri bullet Co. Brinnel hardness of 20,

Exx, where are you getting these bullets? Is it these?

Exx, curious if you are flaring the case before loading?

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes sir, I am.

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Looking at the Barnes 110 TAC-X and the Lehigh 194's. How many of these are you guys stocking up on? Do you use them both for hunting and both of HD? Or, do you just use the Lehigh for hunting and the Barnes for HD? exx - can you explain your reasoning for that? I see that there are a few places that are selling the Lehigh bullets already loaded. Any experience with them? They don't seem to be that much more expensive than the bullets themselves so there's not a lot of cost savings in reloading them. Anything else to consider?

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
Looking at the Barnes 110 TAC-X and the Lehigh 194's. How many of these are you guys stocking up on? Do you use them both for hunting and both of HD? Or, do you just use the Lehigh for hunting and the Barnes for HD? exx - can you explain your reasoning for that? I see that there are a few places that are selling the Lehigh bullets already loaded. Any experience with them? They don't seem to be that much more expensive than the bullets themselves so there's not a lot of cost savings in reloading them. Anything else to consider?

I bought one box of the 194's for hunting. Did load development, sighted in, and I'm sure I won't shoot any more of them until next hunting season when I sight in again.

I just prefer a factory loading for SD/HD. Probably nonsense, but that old Masad Ayoob thing is stuck in my head about the guy with the 10mm that was convicted because he "reloaded extra deadly rounds" or some nonsense.

Could be just that - nonsense - but I don't want to give anybody any additional ammunition against me - literally, or figuratively.

I also have 5 boxes of the Barnes black tip bullets that I bought. Not sure why.. They were hard to find for quite a while, so when they popped up, I bought 5 boxes. I suppose I'll keep them and load them for supersonic hunting rounds? IDK.

Acme Rocket Scientist
Picture of finklea73
posted Hide Post
Have you guys seen the new 78gr. CQB bullet from Lehigh Defense? Video Here

Results look promising. I have some on the way and 8lbs of AA#9 to load them with.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you guys seen the new 78gr. CQB bullet from Lehigh Defense? Video Here

Results look promising. I have some on the way and 8lbs of AA#9 to load them with.

Let us know what you think of them after you load them up and if you do any type of testing with them.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes sir, I am.

What do you use to do the flaring?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes sir, I am.

Which expander die do you use to do the flaring? Do you do the flaring before or after the annealing?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes sir, I am.

Which expander die do you use to do the flaring? Do you do the flaring before or after the annealing?

Anneal, then size, then trim, then flare and load. I fear using the Dillon powder die. It's back a dozen pages or so when we discuss it. I already made a mistake once, not gonna guess at it again. Big Grin

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Anyone have experience with the Lehigh bullets? What are you thoughts with them? Specifically the 194gr and the 110gr Controlled Chaos. I am wondering how the 110gr CC's compare to the Barnes 110gr TAC-X.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I have been looking and about the best I can find on 200+ gr bullets are about $29 per 100. Is this typical prices? I plan to shoot 99% subsonic suppressed so I can't use lead bullets which are a lot cheaper.

Suggestions?

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Why can't you? I shoot 245gr HARD (brinnel 19-20, iirc) cast, hitek coated. Work great, and at 160/k, you can't beat em.

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I asked SilencerCo about coated lead and they said its a no no in their sealed cans. I hate it but gotta listen to what they say.

David W.

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Shoulda bought an Aac Big Grin

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Hehe, I guess I will need to start watching for best prices.

David W.

posted Hide Post
My first post to this thread

9/9/15 noontime CST - Powder Valley has in stock 8lb jugs of AA1680 for $151.00 before Haz/Mat. I bought me one.....Heading down the road towards the subsonic reloading land..... Big Grin

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post