SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    300 Blackout Reloading Discussion
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 Blackout Reloading Discussion Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Midway has the Barnes TAC-TX 110gr. black tip bullets in-stock! It has been forever since they have been available. Get them while you can.

http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...-lead-free-box-of-50

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Ordered 200 tonight for the Remington. Thx for the heads up Mike!

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. 5 boxes on their way to me.

Use code "nrashow2" for $10 off...

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip and discount code guys! I ordered a few of the barnes projectiles, now to see if we can improve on the factory offering, which is excellent out of my rifle btw.

Posts: 248 | Location: MN | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Midway has the Barnes TAC-TX 110gr. black tip bullets in-stock! It has been forever since they have been available. Get them while you can.

http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...-lead-free-box-of-50

Well now they are sold out. I got my 500 bullets and hope you guys got yours. Who knows when they will be available again.

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised they lasted that long.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I fired the Varmageddon rounds I had made up and am quite satisfied.

I ran from start load to 19gr and there wasn't much difference in the grouping, the middle loads spit powder at me while the start and finish loads did not.

I'll probably just load them at 19, I don't use 4100 in anything else.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Anyone looking for an 8" Seekins barrel, AIM Surplus has 9 left in stock..

http://www.aimsurplus.com/prod...teel+Bbl&groupid=573

Mine will hopefully be on the way as soon as they process the weekend orders...

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
It looks like Barnes SHOULD hopefully start pumping out some 300BLK ammo since they are introducing a 120gr TAC-TX to be released in February 2014. I just hope we reloaders can get some and not just ammo manufactures.

Mona, UT –-(Ammoland.com)- As the industry’s leading supplier of 300 AAC Blackout ammunition and bullets for reloaders, Barnes Bullets, LLC (“Barnes”) is proud to announce a new 120 grain offering in addition to the current 110 grain TAC-TX in VOR-TX Ammunition and component lines.
The new products will be made available in February, 2014.
Features of the 120 grain TAC-TX include a specially designed profile that ensures flawless magazine-length loading in AR rifles, a boattail base to increase the ballistic coefficient and the proven solid-copper construction pioneered by Barnes that ensures consistent terminal performance through barriers and thick skinned game – making it an excellent choice for big game hunting as well as defense initiatives.
About Barnes Bullets, LLC
Barnes has led the industry in bullet technology and innovation since the 1930’s. With the introduction of Barnes VOR-TX Ammunition in 2010, the company continues to move forward and expand its vast lineup of top quality, performance-based products that give shooters a decided advantage in the field and on the range.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/1...llets/#axzz2pXdUDXC6

Has anyone seen these bullets yet for sale? I haven't and the Barnes 110gr. TAC-TX are still so very hard to get even though I snagged 500 rounds recently after an EXTREMELY long wait on Midway's wait list.

BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
They are all over the place over here Mike. Now that I have an AR in .300 (Im blaming you) Im loading subs for the next few weeks. Target is to get 1500 made in the next two weeks.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
They are all over the place over here Mike. Now that I have an AR in .300 (Im blaming you) Im loading subs for the next few weeks. Target is to get 1500 made in the next two weeks.

1500 in two weeks? What kind of press do you have? You should be able to do that in a day on a Dillon. Big Grin

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hehehehe.....but I bet you end up loving that great looking rifle you now have!!!!! Big Grin

One day I would like to get a batch of them just to see if there is much difference from the Barnes 110gr TAC-TX. If you see an online link for them please let me know as I can't seem to find them.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:

1500 in two weeks? What kind of press do you have? You should be able to do that in a day on a Dillon. Big Grin

TKO sounds like me. With my crazy work schedule I am lucky to load 200 a week as much as I travel and have other stuff to do on the weekends.

Sounds like we need to send our stuff to you to reload! Big Grin Big Grin

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

TKO sounds like me. With my crazy work schedule I am lucky to load 200 a week as much as I travel and have other stuff to do on the weekends.

Sounds like we need to send our stuff to you to reload! Big Grin Big Grin

Hey, I'm not saying that I have that much free time either! Big Grin

My reloading regimen is somewhat lax in the summer. Between being able to get outside and shoot, and time spent fishing and working on the boat, I load 100 here, 100 there. 200 at a time if I'm lucky.

Lately I've had a real problem keeping us in 9mm. I have plenty of bullets, powder, primer, and brass - just not enough time to pull the handle as often as we pull the trigger. It doesn't help that I bought two 226's in the past 6 weeks, and have a check in the mail on a third as I write this..... Oh, and there's her SR9C to feed, too.

Now I need to go buy FOUR threaded barrels for when my stamps finally come back. This keeps getting more and more expensive. I need to join firearms anonymous or something. Big Grin Big Grin

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
I need to join firearms anonymous or something. Big Grin Big Grin

I hear ya!! Cool

I think we all need to go to an "addiction" group for guns, bullets, knives, flashlights, etc! Wink I am a PROUD addict!! Big Grin

BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Yeah, my problem isnt the loader, its the hours in the day. Its going to be a crazy summer.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
For anyone who needs some of the Barnes 110gr black tips:

http://www.huntingsuppliesoutf...-fb50--GS-79855.html

$31.95/box, show 11 in stock.

I've never done business with this place before, caveat emptor.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:

It seems a Barnes made a batch as a few sites had this round for a short period and now they are all gone. I have put myself back on wait lists to get more as I feel this is the best self defense and hunting supersonic round. I have a pretty good amount, but always want more.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It seems a Barnes made a batch as a few sites had this round for a short period and now they are all gone. I have put myself back on wait lists to get more as I feel this is the best self defense and hunting supersonic round. I have a pretty good amount, but always want more.

In my mind, hunting and SD is somewhat of a "specialty" round, so a few hundred should last YEARS. I'm more concerned with finding a good price on heavy stuff for subs right now...

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

In my mind, hunting and SD is somewhat of a "specialty" round, so a few hundred should last YEARS. I'm more concerned with finding a good price on heavy stuff for subs right now...

I completely agree, but I am also a horder! Big Grin