SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    300 Blackout Reloading Discussion
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 Blackout Reloading Discussion Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRshootem:
Once again, an old handloader learns from those who paved the way Smile I decided to pull the loads and save the 1680 per your info here. I have just one pound, but have nearly 8 pounds of LilGun. I never crimped rifle brass, including LR and bench rest loads, but certainly see the value of doing it on this little case. I always shot my Whisper loads in a Contender, crimping just didn't seem to matter then. The weather is cold, with below zero lows coming, shooting will have to wait. Looking forward to my Elite Iron Bravo can paper work...maybe April.

The other good thing about loading subs with 1680 is that 1 pound will go quite a ways when you are only loading like 10.5 grains per round..

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of SIG Truth
Picture of C Swimm
posted Hide Post
I just ordered me some more converted/annealed LC brass from The Brass General along with a trim die. Soon, I'll be able to make my own converted 300BLK brass, but until then it will be hard to beat the price, quality and customer Service of The Brass General.

-Chris

... if the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they. -Michael Cannon, CATO Institute.

Posts: 10059 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Anyone able to find any 208gr or 220gr pills? Got my SDN-6 in and ready to load up some subs for it Smile

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
I scored 1K of them about 6 months back off GB. 500 factory new and 500 factory blems.

Havent looked lately but Ill keep my eyes out.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Thanks TKO

BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
ARGolfer, check out this auction at GB.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=390962934

Ill email you as well.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Is that a decent price for 500? I would really like some subs, but hate to be desperate. I've never priced 220's before though.

Thanks again.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
Is that a decent price for 500? I would really like some subs, but hate to be desperate. I've never priced 220's before though.

Thanks again.

They are $219 for 500 on Midway but they do not currently have them in-stock. They are $200 at Powder Valley, but also not in-stock there either.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks again.

No, that's not a decent price. PVI usually has the best pricing around, and I wouldn't pay more than that. But, I have several more months I can afford to wait.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
I think I paid around 235 shipped months back. Not a great price but nobody seems to have them again.

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I think I'll wait a little longer to see if they become more available. I got a recipe for 150gr subs that I may try first.

I did find some 125gr SST's today and the guy had a bunch of H110 and a few Lil' Gun 1 pounders. Wish I could help some of you guys out, but the guy will not ship powder.

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried Accurate #9 yet?

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
Has anyone tried Accurate #9 yet?

I have not.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I'll be playing with it a bit. It and 4100 are pretty easy to find here.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

If anyone is looking for 220gr SMKs for subs, OKWeber has 500ct boxes in stock for $185. Part number 2240C.

http://okweber.com/bullets.asp

Shipping is a bit wonky (they told me $53 to ship 3 boxes, but then there's a check box for "If there's a cheaper shipping method available, please use it", so.. ??), but at least they have them. Came out to ~$200/500 bullets, which is PVI pricing without shipping (and PVI has not stock, so..).

Enjoy!

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Thanks exx1976 for the heads-up. I got some ordered yesterday and they have already shipped them.

I did try a new load. I'm a little hesitant to show it because it's not inside the acceptable range. I ran about 25 rounds through mine with no issue though, other than it won't hold the bolt back on an empty mag and won't cycle without a suppressor. I have a bunch of Hornady 150gr FMJ's and a guy at the suppressor shop said he had tried this load for some subsonics so I thought I would give it a try.

Hornday 150gr FMJ
8.1gr Lil' Gun
2.065 aol

I was using an SDN-6 on my 8.2" Noveske. It was hearing safe shooting it that way and everything cycled fine, but it didn't hold back the bolt on the last round. I was really impressed. Please test accordingly before you try it though.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks exx1976 for the heads-up. I got some ordered yesterday and they have already shipped them.

I did try a new load. I'm a little hesitant to show it because it's not inside the acceptable range. I ran about 25 rounds through mine with no issue though, other than it won't hold the bolt back on an empty mag and won't cycle without a suppressor. I have a bunch of Hornady 150gr FMJ's and a guy at the suppressor shop said he had tried this load for some subsonics so I thought I would give it a try.

Hornday 150gr FMJ
8.1gr Lil' Gun
2.065 aol

I was using an SDN-6 on my 8.2" Noveske. It was hearing safe shooting it that way and everything cycled fine, but it didn't hold back the bolt on the last round. I was really impressed. Please test accordingly before you try it though.

They did? I ordered mine on 2/16 and they haven't shipped them yet! Frown

Your new load that you're hesitant to share - is that it? 8.1gr lil gun with the 150?

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Yep. I ordered it in the morning and had a tracking number by that afternoon.

Yes, that's the load... 8.1gr of Lil' Gun under 150gr fmj

Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I tested some of the Lee 230 5R mold bullets yesterday (32* and blowin). 16" 1/8 twist carbine, stainless Bench Mark barrel. They just do not want to stabilize with anything approaching sub sonic, so screw that, I'll stick to the jacketed bullets. I shoot a lot of lead in Steel Challenge and Defensive pistol, but man does lead in this application make a mess of a can(buddies Elite Iron). I REALLY got great results from the 125 Speer TNT's, so I rush home to order from Midway.....gone...no back order. That does it, I'm not teaching one more damn noobie reloader 'til I gets what I wants Smile

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep. I ordered it in the morning and had a tracking number by that afternoon.

Yes, that's the load... 8.1gr of Lil' Gun under 150gr fmj

Did you chrono them? What did they come in at? And what length barrel are you using?