SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    300 Blackout Reloading Discussion
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
300 Blackout Reloading Discussion Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Swimm:
I just checked the Dillon web site they list the powder funnel as "7.62x39/300Whisper/300Savage"

Looks like they figured it out too. Thanks again.


Do you guys have a picture or specific part number to the funnel you are talking about? The funnel I currently have is stamped AK on it and wraps around the case neck; it does not flare it in any way. Seeing this discussion, I ordered the AK funnel from Dillon and it is the exact same one as I already had. Confused




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 7019 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of exx1976
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by C Swimm:
I just checked the Dillon web site they list the powder funnel as "7.62x39/300Whisper/300Savage"

Looks like they figured it out too. Thanks again.


Do you guys have a picture or specific part number to the funnel you are talking about? The funnel I currently have is stamped AK on it and wraps around the case neck; it does not flare it in any way. Seeing this discussion, I ordered the AK funnel from Dillon and it is the exact same one as I already had. Confused


Oye, holy crap. I totally reversed everything in my previous posts. The AK funnel was the one I *started* with, the one that looks like a regular rifle funnel (wraps around the neck).

The CORRECT one is the one from .30 carbine, funnel "C", part number 13564.

I feel horrible guys. Frown I'm so sorry to anyone that incorrectly ordered the wrong one! Frown


Here's a pic of the one I'm talking about, just pulled out of my 550 toolhead for verification and photo.





Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.
 
Posts: 15653 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

The CORRECT one is the one from .30 carbine, funnel "C", part number 13564.

I feel horrible guys. Frown I'm so sorry to anyone that incorrectly ordered the wrong one! Frown


Exx that will be 30 lashings for you! Razz

No biggie; I will now order the correct one and have a spare AK one in case I need it or Karma it off some day.




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 7019 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of exx1976
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

The CORRECT one is the one from .30 carbine, funnel "C", part number 13564.

I feel horrible guys. Frown I'm so sorry to anyone that incorrectly ordered the wrong one! Frown


Exx that will be 30 lashings for you! Razz

No biggie; I will now order the correct one and have a spare AK one in case I need it or Karma it off some day.


Lashings? Are you threatening me with a good time? Big Grin


Hopefully anyone else who ordered the wrong one based on my mistaken post is as forgiving as you.

Merry Christmas!




Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.
 
Posts: 15653 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
We are all human.

Merry Christmas!!!




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 7019 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of SIG Truth
Picture of C Swimm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clarification. I hadn't ordered it yet so you saved me in time.


-Chris

... if the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they. -Michael Cannon, CATO Institute.
 
Posts: 10058 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Thats the one I got when ordering my 550 with the .300BLK setup.




"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
 
Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Thats the one I got when ordering my 550 with the .300BLK setup.


Did you get the "C" .30 cal funnel?

I got the AK funnel when I bought the die set from Dillon. It was worked great, but I see exactly what they are saying with flat base bullets so I am looking forward to getting the "C" .30 cal funnel that will give a slight bell.

Today I prepped 400 rounds of brass in anticipation for the funnel. I also should have and need to clean several guns.




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 7019 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of exx1976
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
should have and need to clean several guns.



Seems to be a perpetual condition at my house. The only thing religiously and meticulously cleaned immediately following a range trip is my carry pistol. Everything else.. Usually waits a day or three.




Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.
 
Posts: 15653 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
should have and need to clean several guns.



Seems to be a perpetual condition at my house. The only thing religiously and meticulously cleaned immediately following a range trip is my carry pistol. Everything else.. Usually waits a day or three.


Yeah I try to clean guns the day after a range trip, especially my carry gun but it is really hard on one of those days you take 5 guns to the range when shooting with others to let them shoot some different guns of yours.




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 7019 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of exx1976
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
should have and need to clean several guns.



Seems to be a perpetual condition at my house. The only thing religiously and meticulously cleaned immediately following a range trip is my carry pistol. Everything else.. Usually waits a day or three.


Yeah I try to clean guns the day after a range trip, especially my carry gun but it is really hard on one of those days you take 5 guns to the range when shooting with others to let them shoot some different guns of yours.


When you take 5 different guns for others to shoot? I take 5 different guns for ME to shoot. Big Grin

ETA - then there's hers on top of it. LOL




Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.
 
Posts: 15653 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they gave me the C funnel.

Hers?... I make her clean what she shoots!




"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
 
Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of exx1976
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Yeah, they gave me the C funnel.

Hers?... I make her clean what she shoots!


Depends. I make her clean her own pistol because she SHOULD.

I usually take care of the rifles. Well, I don't know why. Maybe I should fix that. LOL




Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.
 
Posts: 15653 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Careful ...remember what Red Green says...if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. Big Grin Just kidding all.
 
Posts: 248 | Location: MN | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Yeah, they gave me the C funnel.

Hers?... I make her clean what she shoots!


Depends. I make her clean her own pistol because she SHOULD.

I usually take care of the rifles. Well, I don't know why. Maybe I should fix that. LOL


Funny enough I do the same thing. I have her do them once in a while just to make sure she remembers how they come apart.




"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
 
Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of exx1976
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Yeah, they gave me the C funnel.

Hers?... I make her clean what she shoots!


Depends. I make her clean her own pistol because she SHOULD.

I usually take care of the rifles. Well, I don't know why. Maybe I should fix that. LOL


Funny enough I do the same thing. I have her do them once in a while just to make sure she remembers how they come apart.


Funny you should say that.

We just came back from the LGS. I ordered a set of night sights for her carry gun and they came in today at noon.

We walk in, and the owner is behind the counter. Great guy, greets us, bullshits with us for a bit, and tells me the sights are in the back already, just take the slide back there and the armorer will install them for me.

She proceeds to take her carry piece out (already unloaded in the car - I didn't even have to tell her!), field strip it right there on the counter, and hands me the slide.

The owner raises an eyebrow.

The armorer brings the slide out about half an hour later with the new sights on it, griping about how he had to fit the dovetails. Wah. LOL

The owner takes one look at her, and says "Ok, now lets see you put it back together."

She grabs the slide, drops the barrel in, puts in the rod/spring, slides it on the frame, yanks the action, puts in the takedown pin, drops the action and stuffs it into her purse.

I thought the owner was gonna have a coronary. "I've NEVER seen a woman that can do that with her own weapon! The husband always does it for her!"

LOL

Big Grin


If only I could convince her to clean my ARs for me...




Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.
 
Posts: 15653 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of SIG Truth
Picture of C Swimm
posted Hide Post
What case feed adapter are any of you using on the Dillon 650? Dillon suggests trying the one for the 22 Hornet. Others have modified the 9mm green adapter.


-Chris

... if the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they. -Michael Cannon, CATO Institute.
 
Posts: 10058 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
I dont have a 650 but have loaded on one years ago that had a case feeder. Im guessing the 223 plate doesnt work with the cut down case?




"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
 
Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I got my dies today, need some BOOLITS!


------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.
 
Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of exx1976
posted Hide Post
Pvi had 125smks in Stock last I looked...




Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.
 
Posts: 15653 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    300 Blackout Reloading Discussion

© SIGforum 2020