SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    KMS Light On Dillon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KMS Light On Dillon Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
After reading here and on other forums about the KMS light, I bought one. I Installed it yesterday and it makes a great difference. It really lights up the work area.

I had my reloading bench area done when I finished my basement years ago. I told my guy I needed lots of light. There are 2 flood lights in addition to the room lights, but it was not truly adequate. I was always using a flashlight to look at something.

I am looking forward to reloading with this new addition.

https://kmssquared.com/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: maxwayne,

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I installed the KMS light several years ago. One of the best add on's ever. In hind sight it should be one of the first things to add to your press.
You are going to love how much nicer it is to look into each case.

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Same experience here. It might be the best upgrade I’ve done so far in my relatively young reloading career.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigM4,

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
Love my KMS light. I have an old style on my 550B and cut the light strip with a 45acp case I had set on the machine and raised the ram.
It had the strip down the side as well. I got another new one but it only had the top strip. I cut the bad part off the top and still use it on the side.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KMS lights are probably the best upgrade to any press, with an ergonomic roller handle a close second. I have tried lights from both Hornady and Inline Fabrication, and KMS lights are the brightest and best designed by far.

Posts: 80 | Registered: July 21, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love mine. Score some points with the wife and get some for the sewing machine.

Posts: 103 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I like my in line Fabrication Skylight, but the KMS is 1/2 the cost. Wow. Looks like it would produce better light as well....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I just ordered my KMS light kit for a Dillon 550. Can't wait for it to come in so I can mount it on the press. The videos really sealed the deal for me!

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by odin:
I just ordered my KMS light kit for a Dillon 550. Can't wait for it to come in so I can mount it on the press. The videos really sealed the deal for me!

You won’t regret this purchase. Safer and so much better. Wish there were more things like this, well designed solution to a problem, reasonable cost and well made.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Did you guys get the dimmer switch?

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
Got my KMS LEDs on Friday and installed on Saturday. Unbelievable!!!! And, I have good lighting in my setup! This is absolutely great!

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post