SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Redding T7 users, a priming question.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redding T7 users, a priming question. Login/Join 
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted
To go with my 650, I snagged a T7 last year to do my small batch rifle stuff like 30-06, 375 H&H, .358 SOCOM, etc.. Biggest thing that kicked my butt into buying it was a buddy handed me a turret he found at a garage sale for $5 thinking I could use it on my dillon or something, lol.

I’ve been hand priming my brass when using it but wanted to see how yall like the priming system thats available for it? So far I might load 4-500 rounds a year on it and trying to weigh if its worth buying or not at this point. My Hornady hand primer isn’t hurting a thing so far, except a few minutes lost in the process.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the exception of Dillon, I have never been a fan of press mounted priming systems. I use the Dillon press mounted system for bulk loading of 9mm and 223 rifle ammo.

I feel like I have better feel and control of primer seating with a manual priming tool. And it gives me a brief opportunity to inspect the case for issues.

Just my opinion.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I have used the priming system on my T7. It works well. I bought two so I could quickly switch from small to large.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are small hiccups with priming but for the most part, the system works as it should. Small reminder: for some reason the tubes do not hold 100 primers (Redding knows this), so load somewhere between 94 and 96 (can't remember). I just load 50 or 90 depending on what I am loading.

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I've had numerous issues with the Dillon priming system. So, I hand-prime all cases and use primed cases in my Dillon. Works well for me!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by odin:
I've had numerous issues with the Dillon priming system. So, I hand-prime all cases and use primed cases in my Dillon. Works well for me!

I'm fine priming with my dillon, that wasn't the question here, I'm only asking about the redding T7's priming option.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Geaux Tigers
Picture of Alcapone396
posted Hide Post
I have the priming system and rarely use it..I far prefer the RCBS bench mounted priming system as far as feeling the primer seating correctly.. It's well worth a 100.00 or so that they cost and you can prime a hundred pieces in no time with it..It's my go to for priming anything that I don't load on my Dillons...

Al______________Capone396

P220 Combat, P220 Sport, P220EL, X-5 Comp 9mm , P226 BlackWater, P226 ST.357 Sig, P226ST 9mm, P229ST .40, P228, P232 SL, Glock 19, CZ75BSS, CZ-83, S&W 29, S&W 640, S&W 642, Ruger MKII, Ruger Charger,, HKP7,,Browning Hi Power, Colt Anaconda, S&W 460 Mag, RRA 9mm CAR, Robinson Arms XCR, FN-SLP ,Arsenal SAS-M7,, Built AR-15 with lots of goodies,,Etc, Etc, Etc.....

Posts: 1263 | Location: Down South in Bayou Country | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post