SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Dumb question: RCBS die in Dillon press
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumb question: RCBS die in Dillon press Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
My XL750 is on the way and will be all set up for 9mm, but I was unable to find a Dillon .223 die set in stock. Got the .223 caliber conversion kit, but no dies. I'm probably going to snag a separate Dillon seater die and crimp die, but for sizing, my question is:

Can I use the RCBS X-sizer die I already have in the Dillon toolhead? Would I just thread in the RCBS die and adjust according to the normal Dillon process?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Yes, it will work fine. I have RCBS, Lyman and Lee dies in my Dillon.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oat Action Man - You are about to ask yourself in about 3-4 weeks one simple question - Why did I wait so long to buy a Dillon (assuming you do not have one now)......I did when I got my 650 several years back.....Enjoy Sir...I LOVE my time reloading on my Dillon press especially when you get everything set up and it is running flawlessly......Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I use Dillon and Redding dies in my XL-650. As long as the dies have standard 7/8" x 14tpi threads, it will fit the press.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post