SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    44 Mag guys!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

44 Mag guys!!!! Login/Join 
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I got hooked on 2400 about forty years ago,started with 357 mag and then went to it in 44 mag..
Couple years back I bought three 8 # jugs from powder valley.
Works well with lead and coated bullets.
I switched to only coated bullets and it is very clean

Posts: 20839 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fredj338:
quote:
Better get used to 110/296. I've heard of a mysterious powder called 2400, but I swear I haven't seen it for sale in a decade. At least it feels like a decade. I've managed to get by using Blue Dot, but I sure wish I could get some 2400. *sigh*

My local guy gets 1# every now & then, I go buy a couple. I think 300-MP is going to replace it in the Alliant line eventually. I need to get 1# & give it a run. I pretty much use 2400 for my max loads. H110 gives a bit more vel but more blast & doesn't download as well.

300-MP, hadn't considered it. That's good to know. At a time when it seems every powder and component maker is getting caught up, I'm curious why Alliant is continually behind.

Perhaps I'll get me some freight to TX and talk flashguy out of his surplus. Might as well, since this winter is looking like a continual arctic blast everywhere else.

[i]

Posts: 4687 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by fredj338:
quote:
Better get used to 110/296. I've heard of a mysterious powder called 2400, but I swear I haven't seen it for sale in a decade. At least it feels like a decade. I've managed to get by using Blue Dot, but I sure wish I could get some 2400. *sigh*

My local guy gets 1# every now & then, I go buy a couple. I think 300-MP is going to replace it in the Alliant line eventually. I need to get 1# & give it a run. I pretty much use 2400 for my max loads. H110 gives a bit more vel but more blast & doesn't download as well.

300-MP, hadn't considered it. That's good to know. At a time when it seems every powder and component maker is getting caught up, I'm curious why Alliant is continually behind.

Perhaps I'll get me some freight to TX and talk flashguy out of his surplus. Might as well, since this winter is looking like a continual arctic blast everywhere else.
I can't guarantee the quality of my 2400 since I haven't loaded any of it in more than a decade, but it's been stored in its original cardboard barrel at 70°. I'd probably just give it to you.

I've got some Unique, too. I pretty much only load with H-110 (big flashes, you know) Big Grin

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Posts: 17971 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue68f100
posted Hide Post
Your 2400 is probably still good. I just finished up some 2400 that was purchased in the 80's.

David

P229R 9mm, Nitron, Beavertail Frame, Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT & Short Reach Trigger

Posts: 3384 | Location: Piney Woods of East Texas | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post