SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Powder Valley is showing the most Hodgdon powders I've seen in a long time...even Clays
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Powder Valley is showing the most Hodgdon powders I've seen in a long time...even Clays Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
...and TrailBoss Smile...in the larger containers...

Alliant powders...not so much...

http://powdervalleyinc.com

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 6514 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of exx1976
posted Hide Post
I check there quite regularly.

That has been their stock for some weeks now, if not longer.

The only two I want, though - H4350 and Varget - are both unavailable in 8# jugs. Frown

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.

Posts: 15375 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Still out of Unique though. I found 5 pounds of it at Cabelas in Post Falls the other day though. Score!

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy." Winston Churchill

Posts: 12056 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that it is just a mater of time, now that we have DJT as Pres-elect, before PV is fully supplied with everything. There should not be any panic buying now......I am pleased to say!!!

Posts: 3380 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

The only two I want, though - H4350 and Varget - are both unavailable in 8# jugs. Frown

One of my favorite reloading places is Brunos and they have Varget 8lb in stock for $227.70 but no H4350

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of exx1976
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

One of my favorite reloading places is Brunos and they have Varget 8lb in stock for $227.70 but no H4350

There's a reason he has some in stock, and that insane price has a LOT to do with it.

I don't need it that bad. What I need is for PVI to get some so I can order 48# at a "normal" price.

Posts: 15375 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's because Hodgdon raised prices and no one is buying!

“The more corrupt the State, the more numerous are its laws”
– Tacitus

Posts: 560 | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloaderguy:

Can't speak for the Hodgdon powders I don't use...

But there has not really been a large price increase over the last big order from PVI I made back in late 2010...Clays and International Clays are up a little over $6.00 on an eight pound jug and Titewad is up $7.00 for the same...that's not a big increase over 6 years especially with the panic buying...

I think with Hodgdon it's been more about getting their ducks in a row after the Australian issues and moving the production to Canada...plus the change in the political climate Big Grin

Trust me...a lot of shooters are buying Hodgdon powders, especially skeet and trap shooters, since the Alliant dot powders have been slow to return.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 6514 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of exx1976
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloaderguy:

Uhh, no.

PVI still has powders at normal prices. That dude is gouging, bad. BAD.