SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Reloading 44 Special with 180gr JHP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading 44 Special with 180gr JHP Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted
Anyone got any loads using CFE Pistol or Win 231/HP38?

TIA

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Well, FWIW, I went ahead and used 5.5gr of W231 with magnum primers in one batch, and large pistol primers in another.

All went 'BANG' satisfactorily, with no apparent difference in accuracy or (pretty gentle) recoil.

My next batch will be 6.0gr, again with magnum primers and we'll see how that goes.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For my 44 mags , loaded in mag cases & std primers, i use either BE or Tightgroup with the Saeco #420 200gr tc bullet. 5.5 grs @800 fps , 7.0 grs @980 fps with either powder and accuracy is excellent. for 1200 fps try 13 grs of hs6.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
BE?

Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
BE?

Bullseye (Alliant)

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/pistol

I have an assortment of manuals to cross reference. If looking for a Hodgdon/IMR powder(HP-38) I may swing through the linked Data site to check.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/pistol

I have an assortment of manuals to cross reference. If looking for a Hodgdon/IMR powder(HP-38) I may swing through the linked Data site to check.

Yeah, Hogdon don't list loads for 180gr.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I do see 185 grain listed, for many that gets one in the ballpark.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I saw that. I could wing it but I thought I’d see if anyone had an actual load.