SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Frankfort Arsenal Vibra Prime Gen 2 - Anyone have one - Pros/Cons
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frankfort Arsenal Vibra Prime Gen 2 - Anyone have one - Pros/Cons Login/Join 
posted
Saw this on a video today and the user said the Gen 2 unit addressed all of the issues with the Gen 1 that was viewed to be a piece of junk....I do not want to spend $325 for a Dillon Primer unit and was hoping someone could provide feedback on this unit....Here is a link for the item and the link below shows the unit in use....Thanks. Mark

https://ads.midwayusa.com/prod...9&utm_content=890424

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GgOFgfOvIY4

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one thinking the same thing. Save your money. In the time that it took to finally get 5 primers in the tube, I could have filled 3 with the pick up tube. I was very disappointed.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It's a tool you need to master. You fiddle and futz and try different things to figure out what you need to do to make it work. Hold it this way or that way, shake it like this...

I hate mine. But it's still better and much faster than poking. I got my first Dillon in 1986, I've poked. I don't want to poke ever again.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Geaux Tigers
Picture of Alcapone396
posted Hide Post
Well I've heard the opposite and the newer one isn't supposed to be as good as the original from what I've been told...That being said before they brought it back into production they were quite valuable on ebay..I saw one go for over a hundred dollars with nothing extra...I wish I would have sold mine on there instead of just sitting on it waiting for it to go up in value. I have a brand new never used original model with extra trays and two bags of the plastic tips...
I bought the dillon and I must say it's worth the money without a doubt..I've never cut corners when buying my loading equipment and most do it to save money and shoot more..I do it more for the hobby and enjoyment, the savings is just a bonus...
If you or anybody you know wants a Gen 1 vibra prime, I'll listen to offers and probably sell mine for the right price...it's absolutely brand new and never used!!

Al______________Capone396

P220 Combat, P220 Sport, P220EL, X-5 Comp 9mm , P226 BlackWater, P226 ST.357 Sig, P226ST 9mm, P229ST .40, P228, P232 SL, Glock 19, CZ75BSS, CZ-83, S&W 29, S&W 640, S&W 642, Ruger MKII, Ruger Charger,, HKP7,,Browning Hi Power, Colt Anaconda, S&W 460 Mag, RRA 9mm CAR, Robinson Arms XCR, FN-SLP ,Arsenal SAS-M7,, Built AR-15 with lots of goodies,,Etc, Etc, Etc.....

Posts: 1263 | Location: Down South in Bayou Country | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own two of the newer issue VPs. Initally, I had some problems(jamming) and contacted the importer. I explained the issue. They sent me three(3) new lower parts to try with my uppers. They worked like a charm on both large and small primers. A happy camper with them both, and would not go back to "pecking primers". I go through a lot of primers/year, and the VPs work for me.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I'm almost sorry to say I have one of the originals and it's always worked great. I read a lot of complaints about them and always figured that I got the one that worked.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
From dump in the tray to full, It takes me right at 90sec to fill a primer tube by hand. I can do it watch the news on tv, so I don't see the need & I even have the expensive Dillon. They are just too finicky.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure if I have a gen 1 or 2. I’ve had it about 3 years. With small primers, it works great and will fill a tube of 100 in less than 10 seconds without a hiccup. Large primers are another story, constantly getting stuck in the hole in the tray. I’ve trimmed and sanded a bit but am afraid to do too much to where it’s totally ruined. I never thought to call the company but may give that a shot. If the large primers worked as well as the small, I’d be one happy camper. This is all with Winchester primers BTW.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The main problem that I had was with the LPP....the SPP did fine. Now, both work great.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
I picked up a couple when they had them for $25, they have worked fine but I had an original that worked fine too. I sold it after they discontinued them and people were paying stupid prices for them and bought the Dillon.

In any case, you can’t just pick it u and pull the trigger, the angles it is held determines how the primers exit and I do a little “flip” like fishing with a popper if they are not exiting properly. Looks like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WTZ-_v6Mks

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for your comments and feedback.

JMorris - Thank you for posting your video and showing the wrist flip process....

I have a unit in route that cost me just under $50.00 shipped and will give it a try....Thanks Again....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received my Vibra-Prime on Thursday and I loaded 800 rounds this weekend using this unit. It works perfectly. It takes about 10 seconds to load their tube and then their tube will work with the Dillon 650 primer unit. Just line it up just like you do with the Dillon primer tube and pull the pin and the primers go into the primer tube.....

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback and methods to make it work....Good $50 investment....Mark