SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Single Stage Powder Thru Die
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Single Stage Powder Thru Die Login/Join 
Picture of MWG
posted
Not sure if this is possible...

Looking for a powder thru expanding die to mount a Uniflow on my single stage. Hoping to bell and drop powder in a single step to minimize a step in handling the cases. Not looking for a case activated set, manually working the Uniflow is fine. Any ideas on where to get a setup like I'm describing? RCBS Rockchucker if it matters...

Thanks!

Posts: 212 | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
IMHO you would be better off and safer if you used a loading block and do it in this manor.
less chance of squibs and kabooms in finished product.
You want production there is always Dillon 550 or 650's

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MWG
posted Hide Post
That's what I currently do...looks like I'll stay with the tried and true!

Thanks!

Posts: 212 | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue68f100
posted Hide Post
T=You may be able to use the Hornady case activated powder die. The only requirement is the inside of the Uniflow be threaded which it is. If you don't use a PTX you would have to get the different spacers used for different calibers.

David

P229R 9mm, Nitron, Beavertail Frame, Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT & Short Reach Trigger

Posts: 3464 | Location: Piney Woods of East Texas | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could used a Lee die, and plum it to work.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
More chance of me making a mess removing the charged casing from the shell-holder.

I just use the ol' loading block under my L-n-L powder drop in a powder stand.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
You want a Lyman multi expand powder charge die. Been using one for many years.

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could get a Dillon RL450 Powder Die, Dillon Powder Measure Adapter, and the appropriate funnel.

Posts: 4 | Registered: March 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Allot of Lee's stuff is cheap but I have to say the pro auto disk on an expander is great. Best 30$ I ever spent.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
RCBS just released a linkage kit for the Uniflow.
Looks like it’s powder through expander.
Link
quote:
Originally posted by MWG:
Not sure if this is possible...

Looking for a powder thru expanding die to mount a Uniflow on my single stage. Hoping to bell and drop powder in a single step to minimize a step in handling the cases. Not looking for a case activated set, manually working the Uniflow is fine. Any ideas on where to get a setup like I'm describing? RCBS Rockchucker if it matters...

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BillyBonesNY,

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
When I was using my single stage I processed a lot of cases to the point of charging. When I needed ammo I would charge the case then seat the bullet. Never used a loading block. I just felt this was a safer way to load.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post