SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Just ordered a 1050
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just ordered a 1050 Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
Decided to get a 1050 to load .223, My 650 paid for itself in just a couple of years, so I figured I would get the 1050 mainly because of the swage station.

I have heard so many great things about them but never used one or even seen one up close. I know it's going to take a few years to break even but it's going to be fun getting there.

besides I need one for my new bullet feeder design, at least thats what I told the wife Smile

Posts: 5582 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
XLT - I will be anxious to hear how you like the 1050 over the next year or so....I too load on a 650 today and love the unot and its capabilities... I am a “brass bum” and will pick up brass from the local ranges even before shooting (always looking for 9mm) and a lot of what I end up picking up is military brass so I have to run those rounds through my Dillon Swage, which gets real old, real fast.....

Congratulations on your purchase.....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’m very interested! I’m also looking forward to seeing your bullet feeder design, I’m glad you’re looking into protective patents.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8342 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

besides I need one for my new bullet feeder design, at least thats what I told the wife Smile

R&D expenses are tax write-offs correct? Wink

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:

R&D expenses are tax write-offs correct? Wink

Yes they are. Smile

Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
My 1050 came in and after some set up and getting this beautiful piece of machinery working, I wish I would have done it years ago. what a difference , the 650 is a nice machine and I really didnt think it could get much better but it is and it's defiantly worth the price. I'm actually considering selling the 650 and getting another 1050 for all my pistol loading. Eek

the swage for military brass just takes that problem away and the priming system is better no more ski jump primers, it's smoother and just a very heavy duty configuration.

I guess it depends on how big a gearhead you are and if you like mechanical things this one is pretty cool. I'm not to sure I would buy one being a first timer as it's a bit more involved with lots of things going on all at once.

I posted an video update in the lounge on my loaders and feeders if you want to take a look.

posted Hide Post
quote:
My 1050 came in and after some set up and getting this beautiful piece of machinery working, I wish I would have done it years ago. what a difference , the 650 is a nice machine and I really didnt think it could get much better but it is and it's defiantly worth the price. I'm actually considering selling the 650 and getting another 1050 for all my pistol loading. Eek

the swage for military brass just takes that problem away and the priming system is better no more ski jump primers, it's smoother and just a very heavy duty configuration.

I guess it depends on how big a gearhead you are and if you like mechanical things this one is pretty cool. I'm not to sure I would buy one being a first timer as it's a bit more involved with lots of things going on all at once.

I posted an video update in the lounge on my loaders and feeders if you want to take a look.

Great to hear.

Did you get the auto case feeder and the auto bullet feeder??

Anything you missed that you wished you had added to the order??

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:
quote:

Great to hear.

Did you get the auto case feeder and the auto bullet feeder??

Anything you missed that you wished you had added to the order??

Andrew

you can read a little bit more about it here

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9010033944

posted Hide Post
XLT - One of the reasons I switched from the 550 to the 650 was because of the ability to have one station set up to be my “powder cop”....the powder check system that insures each case has powder in it and t is also not double charged..

Does the 1050 have this same option? I ask because your thread has me wanting a 1050 and this would be a game stopper if it did not have this option which would prevent me from buying that bullet feeder system from you once you get these beautiful systems available in the market....Thanks. Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
XLT - One of the reasons I switched from the 550 to the 650 was because of the ability to have one station set up to be my “powder cop”....the powder check system that insures each case has powder in it and t is also not double charged..

Does the 1050 have this same option? I ask because your thread has me wanting a 1050 and this would be a game stopper if it did not have this option which would prevent me from buying that bullet feeder system from you once you get these beautiful systems available in the market....Thanks. Mark

the bullet feeder die sits where the powder check would go, so unless you bought a seating crimping die you would be in the same boat. I was hoping for the same extra station but it's not there. That being said the 1050 is over the top nice I'm really glad I bought it. the powder that I use is bulky so it fills the case, after loading as many rounds as I have getting a double charge would be pretty unusual. One thing I also want to mention on the 1050 you can't easily back up like on the other loaders when you start down with the handle it has a saw tooth like bar that locks it into place you would have to disable it to have an issue, I really like that feature because the only way you could possible get a double charge would be to have a powder measure failure and that would be highly unlikely in my opinion. I know for sure I will be buying another 1050 in the near future, they are that good.

Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
My favorite bullet feeder design for the 1050’s is the GSI.

It is a billet tool head that incorporates bullet feed and seat at #7. So you can run a PC die at 6 and crimp at 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrFhnDQ-eUU

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmorris:
My favorite bullet feeder design for the 1050’s is the GSI.

It is a billet tool head that incorporates bullet feed and seat at #7. So you can run a PC die at 6 and crimp at 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrFhnDQ-eUU

Gsi Is out of business they quit making them last year, Parts could be an issue.

Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
They are not out of business but they have quit making the bullet feeders.

I think I got my first one back in 2004, not a lot to go wrong with them, the return spring is about it.

It’s a very solid design but their collator design just didn’t work well for a large range of bullets.

The old KISS and the much newer “ball” style MBF “droppers also work well but you loose the PC die spot and they involve plastic in the design.

The Hornady dropper die works too, with plated/jacketed bullets.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
so what's the difference? they quit making the feeders. parts will be a problem sooner or later. my feeder is so simple I'm surprised no one has figured it out yet.

All those gadgets and mechanical doo dads are nothing but trouble waiting to happen.

Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
What is your feeder?

Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmorris:
What is your feeder?

you have seen it on Glock talk before I pulled it.