Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TODAY Login/Join 
posted
Loaded and tested shot shells for my Redhawk in 45 COLT. Work Great!! Smile

Posts: 134 | Location: Berryville, VA | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Details please? I'm interested.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
When I had a 45 colt, I made some shot shells with 4grains of unique a wad as much of number 9 shot and a wad over the case mouth with some hot glue. The wAds were from a orange juice container.

IIRC, the pattern was under two feet at about ten feet....perfect for snakes.

I do regret selling that ruger new vaquero, but I was reducing the calibers I reload, so i replaced it with a 357 revolver and a 357 Rossi model 92 lever gun..

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
At least the older Speer manual has shotshell loads listed. For the most part they are lighter loads with a fast powder. I used the Speer capsules for the 45 Colt but more so for the 38 SPCL.

I just cut open some #8 shot shotgun shells, used Titegroup powder. #9 shot may be slightly better, but I had #8 on hand.

When I go out West I take a few for the revolver, haven’t shot anything with them. I did some target testing at ‘snake ranges’. I leave local Garter Snakes be on the property in WI and MI.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post