SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Looking for a progressive loader to keep up with demand.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a progressive loader to keep up with demand. Login/Join 
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
I would also recommend a 650. Run it for a while without the case feeder. If you decide you want more production, then get the case feeder.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6389 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's great advice. I did the same thing. I could never go to a 550 from the 650 now because i'm spoiled.

I dick around a bit when I load and average about 400 rounds in an hour. That's a very slow pace compared to most.

Posts: 743 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
In a word "DILLON"

I have used a 550b for over 20 years... it has produced thousands and thousands of rounds of ammo during that time...

A few parts have worn out during the time I have had the 550b, but that is not really an issue... Dillon replaces them promptly at no cost. I bought the high mortality parts kit for my 550b which is well worth the money... when something breaks I order a free replacement from Dillon and they replace the part from the parts kit... when the new part arrives it goes into the parts kit for future use.

I have added the after market light that works through the storage hole in the top of the tool head... a great add on IMHO. I also have added the little ($0.75 ea. at Home Depot) to all my powder measures... something Dillon should add given the tiny cost.

One thing I like about the 550b is the fact it is less automated than some others... this allows me much better control over the quality of the ammo I produce... something I like a lot... I don't try to produce as much ammo as I possibly can per hour... I would rather slow down a bit and exercise really tight control over the ammo produced.

All in all I could not be happier with the 550b...

FWIW

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1254 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post