SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Reloading Inventory app discussion
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading Inventory app discussion Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Thanks for the help so far, guys!

For you Android users out there:

Would any of you like to be a guinea pig for me and provide feedback once I get the app written? For your trouble, not only will you get direct input into the way it works and the way information is displayed, but you will also get a free copy of the app.

My target sale price is $6.99, FYI.

So far, I have the entire bullet section completed. It saves, edits, and deletes both rifle and pistol bullets.

Need to finish the powder, primer, and brass sections. I'd be ready to begin testing perhaps in a couple of weeks, give or take.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
I'm not exactly your target market, but I do have a Samsung S7.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I load for 25 calibers now I think. From 223 up to 404 Jeffery & a bunch in between So lots of diff powders & far too many diff bullets.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Wow.

Would any of you like to be a guinea pig for me and provide feedback once I get the app written? For your trouble, not only will you get direct input into the way it works and the way information is displayed, but you will also get a free copy of the app.

So far, I have the entire bullet section completed. It saves, edits, and deletes both rifle and pistol bullets.

Need to finish the powder, primer, and brass sections. I'd be ready to begin testing perhaps in a couple of weeks, give or take.

I'm an adroid user.
I'd love to test the app.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Excellent, one from either end of the spectrum. PPGMD and agony, I will email you both when I get it completed.

Its actually not as bad as I originally thought. Now that I have a complete working flow, it's mostly copy/paste of that code, changing variable names and field names, and UI layout. I coded most of the primer piece before dinner, hopefully finish that up tonight.

I'll keep you posted.

For the rest of you, poll is still open! Smile

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
In if I can help.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20317 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
Powder: 15
Bullets: 25
Primers: 11

9mm Lugar
.40 S&W
.357 Sig
.45 ACP

.223 Rem
.243 Win
.284 Win
.300 AAC
30-06 Sprng
.303 British

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Powders: 15
Calibers: 9
Primers: 6
Bullets: 13

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
powder: 7
bullets:13
primer: 4
calibers: 5

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10 powders
6 bullets
4 primers
10 calibers

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
What no Iphone love.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
2 powders
3 bullets
2 primers
1 caliber

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fredj338:
What no Iphone love.

Sorry, I don't own an iPhone or iPad, so I have no way to test it. In this case, it's truly not personal; I just have no device with which to test. I'm not one of those guys that will just write an app and use the built-in emulators, I want to actually dogfood my product before shoving it onto an unsuspecting userbase.

If the Android version actually catches on with reloaders, and it seems like it might be worth it, I'll pay a professional to port it to iPhone. So when the Android version is released, tell your friends! LOL

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow.

I'll test it also but what is the intent of the app? Inventory control or?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Wow.

I'll test it also but what is the intent of the app? Inventory control or?

In a nutshell, yes. It will allow you to enter your reloading inventory into your phone so that when you are out and about somewhere, and you happen to run into reloading supplies on sale, you will always have your inventory on hand.

If I had a nickel for every time I ran into a "good deal" on something that I "thought" I needed, and bought 1# of this to "try out", then got home and found out I already had an unopened pound (so now I have two unopened pounds)... Or every time a buddy asked at the bar or the range "Hey, do you have a pound of x? I want to try it out" and I didn't know the answer..

Data stored:

Powder
-manufacturer
-name
-quantity
-lot number

Primers
-manufacturer
-part number
-type (SR, LR, SP, LP)
-magnum
-match
-lot number
-description
-quantity

Brass
-manufacturer
-caliber
-type (rifle or pistol
-lot number
-quantity
-times fired

Bullets
-manufacturer
-caliber
-part number
-weight
-lot number
-description
-quantity
-type (rifle or pistol)

Holy crap, though. This app is going to be the death of me. I woke up at 0400 because I was dreaming in code. LOL

Good news is that the primer portion is 100% complete now, and I'm working on the brass portion. I have 2 hours to get that complete before I have to get on a conference call at the start of the workday.

At this rate, it might be finished sooner than I think.

Then there's still the non-trivial matter of trying to figure out how to publish it. I dabbled around in the play developer's console yesterday. Set up an account, paid my $25, signed up for a merchant account, all sorts of crap. I have to add licensing to the app, and fill out the whole form for the description, and somehow, I need to come up with an icon for it. I have NO idea how I'm going to do that. I'm no graphic artist, so it'll probably be something laughable.

Unless someone in here is? Who wants to make a couple different sized icons for me? Give you a free copy of the app! LOL

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Brass is finished.

With 17 minutes to spare to relax with a cup of coffee before the real day begins.

We'll see how tired I am after work, maybe I can finish the powder part.

Then it's just down to polishing (some of the interfaces need some work), and then figuring out how to add the licensing part and publishing it the play store.

From messing around in the developer's console last night, it looks like I can enter google IDs to let people in as beta testers, so I don't need to actually "publish" it, per se. Need to read more about that.

Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
Number of different powders you have?

Number of different bullets you have?
25+

Number of different primers?

Number of calibers you load for?

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
So, I finished up the rest of the coding this evening. Wasn't quite as painful as I thought it would be. The work flow for all the different items was pretty much the same, just lots of changing variable names and whatnot. I figure I've got maybe 40-45 hours into it in total. Not too bad. Managed to find a website online that generates icons in the proper formats. So I used that. The icon isn't anything to write home about, but.... It works! I downloaded it from the play Store, and it's on my phone! Woo-hoo! It cost me $1.04, but whatever. Can't give it away for free for some stupid reason. Whatever, Google. Lol pay for my own damn app. They want their dirty percent!

Sent emails to agony and PPGMD for alpha testing.

I'll keep you guys posted on the progress, and when you can go and find it! (it's hidden from the general public while in alpha & beta testing)

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Got your email.
I'll download the app tomorrow when I have a break at work and then fiddle with it this weekend.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Powder:17
Bullets:20
Primers:7
Calibers:7 (5 handgun, 2 rifle)

Will be adding 30-06 soon for recent M1 purchase and 300 Blk soon

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post