SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Got lucky, happened on a Hornady LNL, now need luck on die/plate!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got lucky, happened on a Hornady LNL, now need luck on die/plate! Login/Join 
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted
Waiting on the truck to unload at Sportsman’s Warehouse this morning, I see this big Hornady box bottom out on the lowest shelf. Turns out it was a brand new LNL! Had been looking online for last few months for one, but never could find one close to retail. Best part they let me use an old 10% off coupon! So $469 later I finally have a Progressive, but can not find 9mm dies or plate. Anyone seen anything? I can find them on eBay from scalpers for double price, but I just find it hard to reward that.

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I was looking for a long out of production RCBS shell plate, for an ‘auto 4x4’ press. I looked far & wide, #17 for the 30 Carbine.

I tried a call to RCBS customer service, low & behold she found one in the back room.

You could try Hornady, or just pay the eBay price.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
I'm buying lottery tickets this weekend. Found a dealer on GB that was selling the die sets for $50, so reasonable retail before all this started! Could not hit buy it now fast enough! Now to look for primers Confused

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I cast a wide net when looking, eBay, Armslist, Gunbroker & a few others. After that it comes down to whatever adjustments a guy can do.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I didnt know reloading machines and parts were hard to find, thought it was just the components?

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I fully understand your excitement. I've been In GA on business for the last 3 weeks (the training center is in Peachtree City), and on a weekend journey to a reloading shop I happened upon a Lyman Crusher II, new in box (it's been discontinued for a while now).

I've been looking for one for months, after I got to use a friend's. (I also happened upon a few lbs of Shooter's World/Lovex Long Rifle and SW4350, but those are less exciting.) Now I'm excited to go home and set it up to replace my Lee.

Edit: right now there's a run on EVERYTHING. Components,presses, dies, all of it. With the ammo shortage the only folks who were still shooting were reloaders, so there's been a huge influx of new handloaders because (in part) "monkey see, monkey do."

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Several months ago I wanted to expand my cast bullet supplies. I found most all bullet molds and sizing dies (Lee) were out of stock. Most were available on Ebay for twice to three times the cost.
I put in back orders at Midway and Brownels.After a few months all the back orders have finally arrived.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: armored,

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I put in back orders at Midwest and Brownels.After a few months all the back orders have finally arrived.

Back in Obama's first term I backordered an 8 lb jug of Win 231 from Midwest. It took 888 days to arrive. They honored the original price. Note that they'll re-validate your backorder every so often, maybe once a year. They'll email you and you have to positively reply within a certain time (30 days?) that you still want the order, or else they'll cancel it. Emails said something about FTC regulations required them to do it. In any case I was impressed with them.

Posts: 914 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jerrys Reloading in Tulsa OK has 9mm Hornady #8 shellplates . I bought one yesterday for 48bucks out the door and Midway has 9mm lee dies now.

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kyoung:
Jerrys Reloading in Tulsa OK has 9mm Hornady #8 shellplates . I bought one yesterday for 48bucks out the door and Midway has 9mm lee dies now.

Found one at Sportsman’s Warehouse for $36, seems like maybe things are starting to loosen up at least a little, well as far as reloading equip. anyway.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kyoung:

Do they sell online, or would they be willing to ship? I'm having a heck of a time finding a #8 and a #16.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in a local Dunhams sporting goods and the had a lot of shellplates since I had already bought one for 10$ more . They had an 8.

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post