SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Scored a Sweet Deal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scored a Sweet Deal Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
I was packing items into my storage unit to prepare for an upcoming move when the guy with the unit across from me approached to try to sell me some things. Only one thing caught my attention: a Dillon XL650. At the moment, I only had a 550b and an old RCBS single stage.

For $300, I scored the press, a spare powder hopper, the powder assembly, a Lee hand priming tool, and ~300 9mm and .45ACP bullets (plus the ammo can). The press is in pretty good shape, needing a bit of a cleanup, and a new primer chute. Other than those, any repairs appear minor.

He also tried to sell me an old break open S&W revolver (.38), but it was in pretty bad shape.

I'll be putting the case bullet feeders on my Christmas list.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17246 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Sweet deal

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good deal.
I would have bought the break open .38 for a project gun.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:
Good deal.
I would have bought the break open .38 for a project gun.

PC

I was tempted, but the $300 was already enough spending for one day.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17246 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a deal!

Posts: 132 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Geaux Tigers
Picture of Alcapone396
posted Hide Post
You hit a home run with that deal!!! Enjoy and the case feeder is a must have, bullet feeder can come later!

Al______________Capone396

P220 Combat, P220 Sport, P220EL, X-5 Comp 9mm , P226 BlackWater, P226 ST.357 Sig, P226ST 9mm, P229ST .40, P228, P232 SL, Glock 19, CZ75BSS, CZ-83, S&W 29, S&W 640, S&W 642, Ruger MKII, Ruger Charger,, HKP7,,Browning Hi Power, Colt Anaconda, S&W 460 Mag, RRA 9mm CAR, Robinson Arms XCR, FN-SLP ,Arsenal SAS-M7,, Built AR-15 with lots of goodies,,Etc, Etc, Etc.....

Posts: 1263 | Location: Down South in Bayou Country | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Estate sale?
That is probably what will happen to my junk,kids went into other things.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mossyoak1
posted Hide Post
Please tell me this is a KARMA post, please!!!
Big Grin

Nice score

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 471 | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mossyoak1:
Big Grin

Nice score

Sorry, but all the karma was used up by me when I scored this!

Picture of mossyoak1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:
Originally posted by mossyoak1:
Big Grin

Nice score

Sorry, but all the karma was used up by me when I scored this!

doesn't hurt to try Big Grin

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 471 | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post