SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Hornady Lock-N-Load Case Feeder
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady Lock-N-Load Case Feeder Login/Join 
posted
I got the case feeder for my Hornady Lock-N-Load progressive and finally had time to set it up yesterday. It took about 3 hours to get it set up and adjusted. My first run was 200 rounds in 45 minutes, easily twice as fast as my usual rate.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue68f100
posted Hide Post
It does speed up the process. I've had one on mine since 2009? loosing track of time. There will/may be some mods needed to make it run flawlessly. The one thing you want to watch out for is the mount that bolts to the square tubing that holds the paddle. You don't want to over stroke the up movement as it will tilt the mount. I've added a block of AL to keep mine from rotating. Some run a bolt down to the press casting. Just keep an eye on it, it it's tilting it can cause problems with feeding.

David

P229R 9mm, Nitron, Beavertail Frame, Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT & Short Reach Trigger

Posts: 3464 | Location: Piney Woods of East Texas | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice upgrade, Rich. I don't suppose that the upcoming Ops Spec 3-day/1800 round Applied Fundamentals class you are hosting in Wilmington in July has anything to do with equipment upgrade and rate increase??? I'm tentatively planning to make that one, if my schedule works. Your May '17 Practical Fundamentals class there was good, I expect same value with this next one.

I also assume you are still running the P320 in .357 Sig? Even more motivation to roll your own.

I am looking at bullet feeder and case feeder options for my L-N-Load as well. Really enjoy that press, I find it consistent and easy to set up.

Keep us posted as you get more cycles on it.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had been thinking about it for a while, but the upcoming class definitely pushed me over the edge.

I'm going to run the .357 SIG in July, but I think I'll probably wimp out this year and download them to about 1,200 fps.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three full days in the heat of July, with 1800 rounds, it will be tough enough, I would reduce loads with the .357 Sig as well. I did the 1-day with Jerry in Paducah in early October. Lots of rounds for one day, but we had a small class of 4, very good content.

The case feeder looks like a good investment. I am still loading by hand out of reloading blocks. I load 200 to 250 at a time, but may upgrade this year as my volumes pick up.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post