SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    338 WM collet die for 338 LM
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

338 WM collet die for 338 LM Login/Join 
posted
So I'm being cheap but there is a massive price gap between the normal lee collet dies and the 338 LM dies. Lee does make a collet 338WM die and so my question is can I use the338WM dies for my 338LM fired brass since it only works the neck and not the whole case?

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I would guess no, the 338LM body is quite a bit larger than the 338WM.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
BTW, in reloading gear, I don't consider $50 a "massive" cost diff. $150 yes, $50 no.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply, I may have exaggerated a bit, I just meant that the dies that normally go for around 30 where about 90 or so. I have neck dies so I'll try those and see if I want to move forward with the collets.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you bought a 338LM, plan on paying up for the reloading gear. At $4/ round it is significantly more than a 338 Winny, part is the brass, most is the demand.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post