SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What is your 9mm bullet weight choice?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
What is your 9mm bullet weight choice? Login/Join 
Member
posted
I have always loaded 124 gr. Bullets in 9mm, but recently thought about moving down to 115gr.
So that had me wondering which bullet weight most reloaders use for 9mm and why?
 
Posts: 204 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I prefer heavy & slow. 147gr black bullet international over 3.2 Gt of VV N320. Crawls out the barrel at 830 FPS and leaves a pile of brass right next to the ejection port.

Andrew


Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.
 
Posts: 572 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I like to reload to Federal (FBI, ATF, etc) specs. They use 124gr loads. So, that's what I try to load for. However, my wife prefers 115gr, so I load that for her!
 
Posts: 2798 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I really have settled on the 145/147 coated bullets. 124/125 gr lead were the shiz for years, shot well in any 9mm pistol....but the heavies are what I use for Steel Challenge and USPSA. We also have had some great results with 160/165's.
 
Posts: 1169 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blue68f100
posted Hide Post
124gr are my choice. The 115 give me a different POI with my gun.


David

P229R 9mm, Nitron, Beavertail Frame, Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT & Short Reach Trigger
 
Posts: 3460 | Location: Piney Woods of East Texas | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
member
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:
I prefer heavy & slow.

Same here, no matter the caliber. 147gr for 9mm.



all your sig are belong to us
 
Posts: 8769 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
I use a 135 grain RNFP NOE mold, and powder coat. One of the best shooting bullets I've tried yet.
 
Posts: 1130 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
The 135's are growing on me as well. That weight in the Federal defense loading is very accurate, and my hand loaded test of Hi-Tek coated 135's has been most pleasing. We live in a great time for such supplies Smile
 
Posts: 1169 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I load mostly 115 FMJ bullets in 9mm brass.
 
Posts: 4437 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
115gr, usually cheapest Copper Plated available!
 
Posts: 47 | Registered: January 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
For competition I like 147gr, easier to make power factor & recoil impulse is push instead of twist. For general practice I like 124gr, it is what I carry.


IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading
 
Posts: 7777 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I load 98% 9mm 115gr. The other 2% 147gr for use in the suppressor.




Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. FFL(01) NRA Endowment Member
 
Posts: 8360 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
115 & 124 is what I primarily use.
I prefer the 124.
 
Posts: 1759 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Depends on what's on special. I'm loading 147 grain right now, but tuesday I pick up 4,000 rounds of 124 grain. I've been doing a lot of 115 grain, largely because I'm cheap.
 
Posts: 3523 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What is your 9mm bullet weight choice?

© SIGforum 2019