Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$600 Primers Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
When I saw this, I thought it was just someone's asking price but there is 31 bids on these primers. Also, there is a $30 shipping fee. Are people really that desperate or just stupid ?

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm going with 85% the latter and 15% the former... Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
$600+ for 2k primers?!?!

Uhm... over 30¢/primer?

Wow.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
That's a 10X markup over reasonable prices. Unreal.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Man, that has to be a typo...or a real dumb bunny.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^. Not a typo. There are some real dumb bunnies out there right now. I just went over to GB to see for myself. Wow.

I’m stocked up but wish I took advantage of the las couple years To stack a little deeper.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
That's a 10X markup over reasonable prices. Unreal.

Define reasonable when you can't find them. When 1000 rnds of 5.56 goes for $650 all reloading components become scarce. Seen it before. Will see it again. Years back I beat out TASER Intl for a case of primers that were a steal at $250 at the time.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
Define reasonable when you can't find them. When 1000 rnds of 5.56 goes for $650 ...

Then I slow my consumption or stop shooting 5.56, or whatever. If it all gets too expensive, or too scarce, I'll stop altogether.

I know it's going to sound like sacrilege on a gun forum, but there are other things to do in life Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For $300 per 1000 primers, I have a case of 5000 I will sell, and I will include shipping for only $30.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 367 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
I'm rich! I'm rich.

I'm going to quit my job and finally recoup my losses from the "Beanie Babies Bubble" in the 1990s.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I paid $39 this morning for WW LP's. New style box and everything.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$29 for 1000 lg or sm Winchester or CCI primers were I live.

Posts: 1097 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Well damn,I'm rich with all those 50 caliber ammo cans full and some bought for #16.50 a brick.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
Day-um, I might need to sell some primers.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might sell some. The shipping is what concerns me.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was able to get 4K small magnum pistol primers for $180 today. There are none to be found anywhere. At least he was not charging $100-120 per K like everyone else here in FL. I can stomach $45/1000, and I need to feed my new 9mm Gatling Gun.

Posts: 1097 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oldseabag860
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I'm going with 85% the latter and 15% the former... Big Grin

I have only about 400 spp left been using small rifle primers with pretty good success cci"s work good, Remington bench mark primers not so good, too hard to light off with a handgun
have to bring out the Smith and Wesson model 25 and start shooting the .45 colts, have plenty large pistol primers , lead and powder.

"NO TWENTY TWO FOR YOU"

Posts: 269 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: January 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
One of my LGS’s gets spp in sporadically. I happened to be at the right place at the right time and nabbed 1000 for $40 last week.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oldseabag860
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
When I saw this, I thought it was just someone's asking price but there is 31 bids on these primers. Also, there is a $30 shipping fee. Are people really that desperate or just stupid ?

I seen 1000 #500 cci on gun broker go for 245.00 I had a bid in at 120.00 used to get them for 37.00

"NO TWENTY TWO FOR YOU"

Posts: 269 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: January 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post