SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    M1 garand brass....what is the best manufacture?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M1 garand brass....what is the best manufacture? Login/Join 
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
David Lee, ranges just re opened up here, and none that I know of have brass for sale. But maybe I can look around this summer once things ease up, hopefully. We’re usually too busy working to go on a search like that, too. I would have been tickled to get 6500 rds of once fired LC!

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
If a Club plays High Power and supplys new shooters with loaner M1s and ammo, that brass goes somewhere. Shoot, Ive bought fresh from the chambers from over 30 rifles fireing at 7 cents per case. One time they increased the price to 9 cents per case. As I have checked some other sorces for 06 brass, its getting hard to come by. I have lived through the good days. Guess you can stock up on surplus ammo still. Go for boxer primed. Keep your eyes open as you visit various Gun Shops and Clubs. Often, you can find a stash of brass just gathering dust.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Yep, a plan we are trying to follow, David Lee. We’ve been fortunate to find surplus at the shows when they were still on, and we d9 reload. Always kept the brass. So we have some, but we like to keep a goodly supply on hand. I did hear of a range that holds high power matches, I got invited by a member last year for this year, since he saw our interest in the Garands. Will have to look it up again, and see if they do that sort of thing. Thanks for the tip.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I took one last stab at this. Ammo Garand .com has 1953 AP in clips with card board. Got foreign M2 ball in clips or boxes. Got tracer.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we like Ammogarand. Got some replaceMent parts to keep just in case. Good place.
We just want some brass for reloading at the moment, the 400 rds will help. Big Grin

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
My two cents,remington is not my choice for any reloading on any caliber.
They spin it too thin in the neck area.
My go to has been winchester for forty to fifty years
Love Starline for 44 mag.
I have loaded remington for plinking on ranges , that way I don't have to pick it up.

I have some to be loaded up Starline including some of the first 308 they offered that were annealed. We shall see. I like their pistol brass. Jury still out on their 308 for me but just about anything better that RP 308 brass.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
ttedb3, package arrived safely, and thank you for the note and nice looking brass!. As well as the extra you threw in, much appreciated.
Happy reloading to us, lol. Big Grin

Pleasure dealing with you.

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Let me know if you want your Garand rechambered in 308. Surplus 308 is plentiful.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5394 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
benny6, thanks, I will keep you in mind if we do. Big Grin

Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
There are loads and loads of 30-06 brass offered here... You will find all you want...

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/...ywords=30-06%20brass

V/r

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1348 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Cxm, thanks, have checked out GB, prices are a bit more than I’m willing to spend at the moment. We do have enough for right now, though. The old days seem to be gone on pricing.

posted Hide Post
Looks like at least a couple of WTS adds up on the CMP Reloading forum for '06 brass at present.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Thanks, M1Garandy. I do check there, was checking daily when we needed some, but always seemed to be a day late. One of the forum members here graciously offered some of his for us to purchase, so we did get what we needed. Right now, we are set. Smile