SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Admin Delete please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Admin Delete please Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted
Delete please

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hodgdon’s reloading data site lists what you are looking for Using Varget and other powders. Have you thought about using H4895 and using their reduced formula? Easier on the powder bill and shoulder. Start at the minimum and work up till you find the most accurate powder weight for the bullet you are using.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
If you are going to reload, get a neck sizing only die to prevent head separating.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
??? ME?

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Not you George....In my op I stated I had all the items needed (I did fail to list that I have dies and neck dies and factory crimp dies)

I was seeking anyone who had used VARGET in 303 before and maybe what load they used...

I have three books...I don’t need “use between 38 and 41” that’s what the manual uses.....

Due to the overwhelming hording or whatever it is during this scamdemic- components are limited.

IHAVE A LIMITED a number of projectiles and didn’t want to have to load five rounds of each and every grain difference between “38-41” to find a load....

But since no one reads posts anymore, or bothers to read an entire thread. I have given up.

I’m sorry if you got confused.

I will work on my writing skills.

I am confused. And yes, I did read your post. The way I read your OP I did not take as your were asking anyone if anyone shot a specific load of Varget in a 303 Brit. I read it as you were looking for a recipe to duplicate a Brit. military load. If you are asking if I have shot Varget w/303 Brit. No, I haven’t. You listed Unique as a powder you have. I have shot that in 303 Brit. w/ cast bullets. Nice mouse fart load that was decently accurate.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post