SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    New to 9mm.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to 9mm. Login/Join 
posted
I just took delivery of a P210a, went to the range yesterday. Man what a sweet pistol. I’m going to have some fun with this one.
9mm is new to me reloading wise, I had a Baretta M92 a few years back but didn’t keep it long enough to start loading for it. For those of you who load for this pistol, what bullet does well? I’m not a competitive shooter but want a bullet that’s concentric and consistent. I’ve looked at Montana Gold which seem like a well made plated bullet with a gas check. Any opinions or suggestions?

Posts: 18 | Registered: November 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will get a little better prices with Everglades ammo. Several others out there that run sales every so often. Keep an eye out.

Posts: 156 | Registered: January 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
SigForum Reloading Links

For what you intend 115 or 124gr bullets will do you well. I have purchased from Howell Munitions, parent co of Extreme as well as Precision Delta for over 10 years. RMR, Berry's, and other co all have sales so get on their mailing lists to see who has the best deal that week.

Good Luck. You will find great info on this forum

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Precision Delta and Xtreme will handle your problems....also Zero Bullets. I have loaded a ton of each.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
bfm mentioned Everglades. They are tops on my list for bullets and casings, as well as these folks:

https://elitereloading.com/

Prices/selection seems to be better at Everglades...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
For just casual shooting I load 115 grain plated bullets with a somewhat faster powder, Titegroup or similar.

Lately ammo has been so cheap, I’ve even bought some. I load for a bunch, so a little relief is welcomed. Finding 50 rounds for under $9 isn’t that hard now, brass, reloadable cases of course.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
rocky mountain reloading I have had great with them I get the 124 grain fmj

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback. I went looking locally today, ended up buying Winchester factory for $8.89 per 50. I’ll start looking online soon. I think I’m going to have to setup the progressive. Since our latest move I’ve been using my rock chucker which is ok for the rifles even the 10s, but given the price of practice 9mm, I’ll have to speed it up to make it worth while, at least for practice ammo. Thanks again.

Posts: 18 | Registered: November 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post