SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Reloaded 300blk for the first time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloaded 300blk for the first time Login/Join 
posted
I recently built a SBR 300blk using a BA 8.3 barrel. Yesterday I loaded my first 20 rounds of ammo for it using once fired factory 300blk brass that was shot through my gun. I also have everything to cut and form my own 300blk brass from 223 brass at some point. .

The load did really well at 50yds and 100yds. I was only using a 1-3 power Weaver scope, so at 100 yds the groups opened up. When shooting at the 100yd target I was just aiming at the center and pulling the trigger. The groups would be smaller with a higher power scope, but I am satisfied with the groupings for such a low power optic.

This gun is zeroed for 150gr ammo and hits dead center with it. The 110gr and 120gr ammo hits slightly high and right. Both 50yd targets are 5 shots and 10 on the 100 target.

The load was:

Hornady 110 gr VMAX
19.0gr IMR 4227
Win SRP
Fed Brass
OAL 2.068

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Nice for first loads with an SBR and low power optic. I use the same 110 Vmax with similar results (10.5" barrel); FWIW I also get excellent results with Speer 125gr TNT's - even a touch better than with the Hornday's for light supersonic loads.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Yep, 125 gr TNT's on top of H110 or 300 MP in my 10.5" pistol really shoot very well. Stupid accurate in my RARR. Good value when bought in the 500 pk.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
Nice for first loads with an SBR and low power optic. I use the same 110 Vmax with similar results (10.5" barrel); FWIW I also get excellent results with Speer 125gr TNT's - even a touch better than with the Hornday's for light supersonic loads.

Those 125 TNT’s are out of stock everywhere online.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:

Those 125 TNT’s are out of stock everywhere online.

I picked up a good supply in bulk last year, so haven't looked in awhile, but a quick Google just now shows Midway USA has some in stock.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post