SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    .357 Sig and .357 Mag bullets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.357 Sig and .357 Mag bullets Login/Join 
posted
Are they the same?

or are they
A. not the same but very similar
B. totally different

not talking about the whole cartridge, just the projectile

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
357Sig bullets are 9mm in size(.355-.356) where as, 357Mag bullets are 38Special size(.357-.358in.).

This a generalization, but in the ballpark.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
As noted they are 9mm BUT, work up your load & 0.357" jacketed bullets can be used. I shoot 0.357" coated lead bullets in my 9mm.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for taking the time

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fishjager
posted Hide Post
I personally feel you are walking on egg shells by using .357 bullets in a caliber calling for .355. The pressure is high enough all ready.

Posts: 1341 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
I personally feel you are walking on egg shells by using .357 bullets in a caliber calling for .355. The pressure is high enough all ready.

If you work up your load, it isn't a big deal. Yes you need a chrono to see where you are going but certainly can be done.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post