SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Great deal on Mitutoyo 6" digital caliper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great deal on Mitutoyo 6" digital caliper Login/Join 
Picture of chris240
posted
http://www.msi-viking.com/Mitu...lute_Digital_Caliper

Just received mine today......no issues.

They are listed as an authorized distributor for Mitutoyo so no EBay fakes here.

Posts: 644 | Location: Cedar Falls, IA | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I just received mine on... Friday? Yup: Good deal, esp. since you can trust you're getting the Real Deal from MSI-Viking.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I have a 6" and a pair of 4"'ers like that. They are great sets, and I did not get them at that good of a price. But I always buy this sort of stuff from MSI-Viking. Interestingly, you can often find the 6" set for less than the 4".

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just placed an order for a set. I have a set of Helios dial calipers that were my father's, but I've been wanting a digital set for a while and this deal was too good to pass up.

There's a promo code MARK-10 to get 10% off for valid promotions. I didn't see anywhere to enter the code when I placed my order so perhaps these calipers don't qualify, but maybe somebody else will figure it out if they are.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
The Mitutoyo is a nice caliper. Thank you for the heads up chris240!

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
I got one a couple of weeks ago. I can really tell the difference between it and my original no name caliper.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip, just ordered mine. My old "plastic" RCBS 6" was getting well-worn, and have been second-guessing the accuracy. Problem solved.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a great price.

My 500-474 was $145 3 and 1/2 years ago. It's really nice and I like the fact I don't have to keep feeding it batteries like I did to my Franklin Armory caliper.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
My 500-474 was $145 3 and 1/2 years ago. It's really nice and I like the fact I don't have to keep feeding it batteries like I did to my Franklin Armory caliper.

That's the main reason I bought a new caliper. My $20 caliper from a local tool store, every time I went to use it, had a nearly-dead battery. Got so I got in the habit of simply removing it when I was done with it for the time. Got tired of fumbling that little battery in-and-out of the caliper.

I only wish the Mitutoyo did inch fractions. But, I still have my old caliper for that. And, as somebody noted, elsewhere: If you know the major fractional<->decimal conversions, you can often do it in your head.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Not quite as easy, but you can learn to do metric conversions from inches, or the opposite. Once you have fractions down to decimals, it is not too hard. .3937" is a magic number for metric conversions, just keep moving the decimal point. Restoring my FJ-40 taught me a lot of shortcuts of moving from metric to inch and the other way as well.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Ordered.

henryaz, I'd like to see the FJ40.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Thanks! Ordered.

henryaz, I'd like to see the FJ40.

It is no longer mine, but I still have some pix. It was a 1974 model to begin with. This pic with the rebuilt engine and transfer case from an '87 FJ-60, plus a brand new Toyota 5 speed transmission, going into place. There were quite a few other non-'74 mods as well, but all Toyota J model stuff.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'd like a FJ.

I received my calipers yesterday. Very nice and packaged very well.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post